Lurk like ya mean it

In Red

I've only been lurking for about a year, that's not THAT long, right?  But that's what I do, lurk a lot. Everywhere. From other directory type sites and all of that, to the point where I'm at least passingly familiar with most of the RP sites that have been around for a good chunk of time 😊. Even when I don't have time to join new RPs, I go ahead and read sites like RPers are my own personal writers for my own personal fandoms. I swear I'm not creepy though.  Unfortunately I don't currently have the time to properly invest in any sites extra to my main, but I do keep tabs as far as places I hope I one day will have the time to play in if they're still going when that time comes.😅

I'm 33, I've been RPing a little over ten years, my preferred fandoms are HP (with grit), DRoP (canon compliant),  and original sci-fi and original fantasy. I did the slice of life and small town thing for a while too but I get a little more fussy with those if they don't have enough grit to keep me, but when I have the time I'm willing to try anything once if its well-organised and there's a ton of good lore. I LOVE lore.  I'm REALLY hoping that now that I have finished my studies (for now? Uh. Yeah, of course I now am planning on going back to uni to do a masters. Glutton for punishment I guess?) I'll be able to stretch my RP horizons a bit more again - though rather than starting something new I'd be initially wanting to try and slink back to a few of the still-running sites that I ended up ghosting due to  serious RL things 😅 that's if they would take me back of course.

Uhhh I prefer forum RPing but I'll RP via email or twitter or gdocs or what have you if its supplementary to the forum RP that the charries in question originate from, depending on the circumstances.  I'm a sucker for character playlists. I like to use tumblr to help get my brain in the right mindset for certain characters. Aaaaand this post is probably pretty good length-wise as a representation of what I usually come up with in my RPing, give or take a few sentences.

• Like 1

• Admin

Welcome to the Initiative @In Red we're glad to have you! What sort of Sci-Fi do you enjoy?

0_mainsignature.jpg

image.png

Profile set made by myself and original Artwork by Fae Merriman, my daughter.

Thank you, Morrigan! I'm a huge BSG fan, and I also love Killjoys and Firefly and The Expanse. And Star Wars of course. I'm not super Trekky because I wasn't really brought up with it but I've enjoyed what I've come across without yet fully getting deep into the lore of it all.  I like politics-in-space type settings, both for my reading and my watching pleasure (and my RP stalking for that matter). I loved basically all of Anne McCaffrey's stuff when I was young (the talents stuff especially), and my first ever sci-fi movie was Battle Beyond The Stars (which is a B grade space opera that came out on the tails of Star Wars hype trying to cash in, and is essentially Seven Samurai/The Magnificent Seven in space. Its rubbish and I love it.)  My second was Demolition Man, which is still a fast favourite of mine - good sci-fi settings don't have to be in space after all.  Oh I also love John G. Hemry/Jack Campbell's Stark's War series after finding the first book second hand when I was a teenager. I've also worked in bookstores most of my adult life so by necessity I'm cutting this post short or else I'll be up all night writing down all the other sci-fi books I like 😅

• Cheers 1

A year late then, but welcome to the fun and family 😉

• Cheers 1

Always believe in yourself and keep going. You don't have to have the most talent in the world. You don't have to be the smartest person in the world. If you persist and you persist and you persist, you will be successful.

Dean Cain

IjdT9HX.png
1x1 Partner Searches | Group Searches