how much money does IPS cost?

fruity20

I'm just curious about it honestly. (and in case I wanna move from jcink)

• Admin

IPS is a pretty serious investment for an RP community especially since they recently dropped their cloud hosting packages for 30 dollars now the minimum plan per month is $45. If you're looking into self hosting though it depends on the addons you get. At minimum I recommends Forums and Pages (Pages is what we build all of the cool features on the Initiative with) which is an outright cost of $300 dollars with a 6 month renewal of $40.

There is a lot of value in it in my opinion (but I'm bias af because I've been using it for over 10 years) so you'd have to determine if the value that you'd get from investing in a more modern product is worth it. I'd recommend that you be pretty serious about the RP and the leap if you want to invest in it however there are many users on this site alone that find a ton of value in using IPS is the better choice.

• Agree 1

0_mainsignature.jpg

image.png

Profile set made by myself and original Artwork by Fae Merriman, my daughter.

1 hour ago, Morrigan said:

they recently dropped their cloud hosting packages for 30 dollars now the minimum plan per month is $45

;n; I really regret cancelling the $25/mo plan back in '17.

• Love 1

Glub glub.

I would suggest building a site with just Core and Forums features. You can add more features later on. If you have money to invest on this venture, then get the IPS Character Mod. You can go a long way building an RP site with just the Forums and Character Mod. Pages is useful but you can always substitute that with forum posts. You can eventually add Pages and other add-ons when you actually see demand for it from the users. And if that happens you can raise funds within your community to get the add-on.

Advent Destiny - a Gundam roleplay

ad_banner1.png.6b7377d8cd59b5bf9b96416790d23fb0.png