SMF Account Character Manager

Snickerdoodle

So the updated manager looks like it's going to be super awesome, once I figure out how to get it to function.  I'm so excited to get it going!

The recent.php fail seems to be trying to replace the same thing on 4 and 9?

I can't get the tabs to work. It won't switch to 'images' or any of the ones I create. What am I doing wrong? 😭

There are multiple global lines it needs to add variables to in order for certain functions to work. Sometimes, they're pretty much the same, yes. I did mention that would happen in the release notes. If it fails, just do it manually.

Does the tab content not show at all and not switch on click, or is it all showing on the same page?

nusignature.png nusignature.png

I am the darkness, always watching, always listening, ALWAYS THERE.
(If you're interested in Plain of Ice, message me, it's private. Bleach site, non-canon.)

Copy-paste to me what's failing?

The tabs are powered by bootstrap. If they don't work by default, bootstrap isn't kicking in. If you want to put in a hosting support ticket -

Actually, never mind, I'm stupid. SMF 2.0 doesn't have jQuery by default but ACM2 was written for 2.1 which does, so you'll need to get jQuery input in the index.template file headers. You'll have to do this on every theme.

Basically find this:

<script type="text/javascript" src="', $settings['theme_url'], '/scripts/theme.js?fin20"></script>

And put this on a new line under it:

<script src="https://ajax.googleapis.com/ajax/libs/jquery/3.3.1/jquery.min.js"></script>

And your tabs should start working.

If you want a more source-file permanent solution and feel brave, you can put:

$context['html_headers'] .= '
	<script src="https://ajax.googleapis.com/ajax/libs/jquery/3.3.1/jquery.min.js"></script>';

just under the global line of function acmCharacterList() and function acmCharacterProfile() in Characters.php (Sources), and then add $context to the global line in acmAdminMain() and the above code snippet in CharactersAdmin.php (Sources). Doing it this way may potentially cause jQuery-powered mod and theme conflicts if they pull their own jQuery version.

• Thank you 1

(If you're interested in Plain of Ice, message me, it's private. Bleach site, non-canon.)

Yay! That did the trick. Thanks!

Here's the failure..

Find: 

'poster' => array(
				'id' => $row['id_member'],
				'name' => $row['poster_name'],
				'href' => empty($row['id_member']) ? '' : $scripturl . '?action=profile;u=' . $row['id_member'],
				'link' => empty($row['id_member']) ? $row['poster_name'] : '<a href="' . $scripturl . '?action=profile;u=' . $row['id_member'] . '">' . $row['poster_name'] . '</a>'
			),

Replace:

'poster' => array(
				'id' => !empty($row['last_char_id']) ?  $row['last_char_id'] : $row['id_member'],
				'name' => !empty($row['last_char_id']) ? $last_character_name : $row['poster_name'],
				'href' => !empty($row['last_char_id']) ? $scripturl.'?action=characters;area=profile;id='.$row['last_char_id'] : $scripturl . '?action=profile;u=' . $row['id_member'],
				'link' => !empty($row['last_char_id']) ? '<a href="'.$scripturl.'?action=characters;area=profile;id='.$row['last_char_id'].'">'.$last_character_name.'</a>' : (!empty($row['id_member']) ? '<a href="' . $scripturl . '?action=profile;u=' . $row['id_member'] . '">' . $row['poster_name'] . '</a>' : $row['last_poster_name'])
				),

Yeah, that's the one I'm not sure why fails, because that is exactly what it is in the default source file. So if you haven't yet,

Go through this guide, and it'll walk you through doing this step manually. Don't try it before it's installed, do it after, because on my installation, it did it anyway, despite failing, and it may do it on yours despite failing too. It's just to trade the user link for the character link if applicable on the action=recent page, so if you don't care about that, it's not a vital part of the mod, anyway, and can be skipped outright if you'd rather.

• Like 1