Create & install spotlight moduls.

Blue Ember

So basically,  I am seeking a code for a pop up bar, with moduls/spots, for updates, current event, OTM spotlight, ratios & featured ad. But I haven't the first idea where to start. And have not been able to find a code for exactly what I want.

The width would be, 1000px.  Colors: background, black. Font red. Border white - to match in with the skin.
Fonts: LemonTuesday - for the titles in the bar itself. And Noto Sans for the text in the pop ups.
Additional Elements: Text hover on mouse over, on OTM images.  Scroll on the updates box.
OTM spaces to include - male of the month, female of the month, ship of the month, thread of the month, Member group of the month, Badass of the month. Images to be roughly 100x100. Ratios - there would be 10 of them, colour coded -but I am happy to add in the colour hexes for that myself so long as I know where to put them. Featured Ad, I'd like a space for a small image & a small description. Same for the event.
Does anyone know if there is a code like this out there, or even something similar which might work or is tweakable. Or even better still,  someone who will help me create this? Credit would be given in the site credits of course should someone be kind enough to provide this for me.

Edited by Fanged Wonder

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Admin

Could you provide a bit of a crude mockup? @Fanged Wonder

0_mainsignature.jpg

image.png

Profile set made by myself and original Artwork by Fae Merriman, my daughter.

I don't know how to do those as such. But I could try?  Or link you to somewhere which has something similar to what I am thinking?

• Admin

A Paint thing with squares and text would work or a link.

0_mainsignature.jpg

image.png

Okay, so I've tried to make something up. It's very rough obviously, but something looking along the lines of the following.

The look of the pop up bar itself.  Here.  Now onto the pop ups themselves.

The updates. Something like that, but able to scroll as more updates are added/ update text gets longer.

Featured wanted ad & current event both something like this. With a clickable link to the thread on the image.

OTM's & Most Wanted both something like the following, with a little text tab/bubble that pops up with the title -or name on the MW- when you hover over the image. option to possibly have a 3rd row added in maybe? If not, no problem at all.

And Group ratios 

I messed this one up a little. But something along those lines, but neater. Obviously the group colours will be coded to match the group hexes-which I don't currently have on hand. But I can put those in, as long as I know where in the code it goes.

Hope this is a little more helpful.

Is the wrapper & stylesheet needed for the skin I am hoping to install it on?

• Admin

Not quite yet, sorry I am getting close to leaving on a vacation (If you want to link it I can look at it there).

That's a lot of stuff to have across a header in one line (per the mock-up image that you have. That's not all going to fit particularly well IMHO and still look good.

I mean just taking what you sent screenshots of would fill up a line not including your current event and Featured ad column.

0_mainsignature.jpg

image.png

@Fanged Wonder

By popup bar do you mean modal boxes? Like this --> https://www.w3schools.com/howto/howto_css_modals.asp

I am trying to grasp the context of exactly what you're looking for and when I think of popup and bar the best I can imagine is modals.

Unless you mean a reverse accordion (sliding up instead of down)? Like this --> https://www.w3schools.com/w3css/w3css_accordions.asp

wcc_aff_one.png.ee644d7c84e4471ab7231d79aa59872c.png freerphostaffbutton.png.2c941043f4d1bcb22ada2b22d3e60dfc.png myrpg-affiliate.png.5453a73021a9354b5b772ac4e15f7ef9.png

Yes modals. That is what I mean. Not very coding savvy so I was not aware that is what they are called. Sorry for being unclear.

The modals do not work on this site any longer, and this is not the skin/site this is for , but this was the sort of look/thing I was going for, under the header.  Here  . Really updates, otms, most wanted & event would be perfect. 🙂

• 3 weeks later...

Okay so slight edit to this request. All I really need/ want to do, is  change the bottom two staff modals, so that would be staff C & D, into an otm one & a most wanted one.  Looking something a little like this, as previously linked.

I have tried doing it myself.  But I cannot get it to work at all.

The skin I am using is this one here, I've already done all the colour changed needed etc.  I would rather not post the link to the actual site just yet though, as it is not quite ready for people to go looking at. But I am willing to pm it if I have to.