Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Fanged Wonder

Noteable Historical Time Periods?

So I am just looking for some opinions/ideas on what would be considered the popular/prominent historical time periods, to know which ones to possibly include in a site I am currently working on, which has a time travel element to it.  The focus, in all honesty, wouldn't be so much on historical accuracies - if anything, it's more about tracking glitches which are happening in time, and traveling back, or forward,  correcting them. Or creating the changes in history yourselves. I just would love to know what sort of era's people think would be great to include/should be included. So I can break them down into their own sections rather than having just a very, very broad one simply called 'the past'.  Any help on this is greatly appreciated 🙂

• Like 1

Ooooh baby. Some ideas:

The Italian Renaissance

The American Revolution

Antiquity- Some Roman/Byzantine Empire goodness

World War I

The Middle Ages

You could break things down to categories like “Feudal Japan”, but you’re probably better off looking at a span of time, rather than particular locations. I know I’d take a peek at Medieval years as an invitation to have fun in the Middle East, just as I’d think to have fun with a French knight in Western Europe.

2cZ10RH.png

Futuristic sci-fi/fantasy | 18+ | No WC/APP | Jcink

The Crusades!

Someone somewhere went to sleep and dreamed us all alive.
Dreams get pushed around a lot and I doubt if we'll survive.
We won't get to wake up, dreams were born to disappear.
And I'm pretty sure that none of us are here.
~ None of Us Here by Jim Stafford ~

sagas-button1.png.467e9214ee1a2d2a24c0030301948c27.png  storm-shelter-button.png.45bd1e928f589f85d55d123de59b43aa.png

RPG-Initiative

*your one-stop RPG resource site!

1444-1821 was a fascinating time period. You go from the age of colonization to the age of revolution with the reformation and absolutism in-between them. You have the rise of the Ottomans to power, Ming in Asia, European colonizers rising to power etc. It's the time period of Europa Universalis 4 which did it in an amazing way.

• Like 1