Never again will I...

Josie

Never again will I agree to have my character romantically involved with someone else's character from the outset. I got burned bad by doing this once. Thanks to this incident, as much as I love having a romantic component here and there, I am now totally gun shy.

• I read this! 1
  • Like 1
  • Preach it! 2

Someone somewhere went to sleep and dreamed us all alive.
Dreams get pushed around a lot, and I doubt if we'll survive.
We won't get to wake up, dreams were born to disappear.
And I'm pretty sure that none of us are here.
~ None of Us Here by Jim Stafford ~

sagas-button1.png.467e9214ee1a2d2a24c0030301948c27.png 

RPG-Initiative

*your one-stop RPG resource site!

Never again will I have 10+ active, living characters on a forum that I was admin of. Holy crap that was way too much to keep track of along with running a site, also stressful <<.>> I don't have characters just so I don't post them places so yeah, that was a lot to keep up on xD

• I read this! 1
  • Agree 3
  • Love 1

Never again will I plot out romance, or create characters for another person. It has only ever lead to hurt feelings on either side, and frustration from me. Plotted romance always feels flat to me, where natural ones that evolve as I play always draw my attention. 

• Fuck Yeah! 3
  • Preach it! 1

• 2 weeks later...

Never again will I let a person who has repeatedly caused trouble back in. People change -- but what I did was absolutely crazy. No more! 

• Love 3

bzC3QQ.png  

Active, fun, established 2008! Come join us. 
Aeterna Roma

Sites I am on; rpabutton.png 

So, in the long long ago, we used to have super strict moderation of character bio applications. This is something that was in place when I joined the site and remained in place for years -- I even partook in it because it's just how things were. The requirements were, quite frankly, ludicrous. Not impossible, by any means, but required way to much detail for things that quite frankly didn't matter and we were way too pedantic about making sure everything made perfect sense (in our eyes, of course). It was a wonder new members put up with it. 

Not only was it a hassle for new folks, but it took a lot of time, and often led to staff burnout and the character application areas being backed up all the time.

Eventually, the site petered out and we rebooted it a year or two later. One of the first things we did was drop those absurd requirements. Haven't looked back since.

• Cheers 2

Administrator, Star Wars Universe RP

An AU Star Wars Roleplay set in the Old Republic era

Story | Cast

• 2 weeks later...

Never again will I fail to tell my admin when a new player gives me That Feeling for fear of being perceived as a negative nancy, because as it turns out, That Feeling has been right twice in a row and is basically a super power at this point.

• Agree 1
  • Love 1
  • Preach it! 2

image.png.983b918f46a287076416c1e642250e6a.png

Guest Ember

Never again will I make a site based on what other people expect it to be. The last time I had a passion project, I started  to craft it around what other people were trying to suggest and losing the vision I had entirely until I stopped working on it all together.