Never again will I...

Josie

Never again will I decide to listen to my members of how “great” someone is when my gut is screaming they are a creep.

• 2 months later...

--Never will I ever - again --

1.  Allow the worry of losing typists ( possibly) to shade the fact one problem typist HAS to go.

2.   Never will I ever ignore the warning signs that others had for certain newbs, or the warning signs from past Rps to welcome a player.

3.   Never will I ever let the forum take precedence over MY life.

4.  Never will I ever swallow that bad taste when I know there is a destructive staff member- SHOUT THAT LOUD>

5.  Never will I ever deal with ignorance. I have a huge pet peeve- I dont care how  long a thread takes I have life- BUT please do me the courtesy of letting me know that you decided you are not feeling it....its downright ducked up.

• Preach it! 2

623de32ccbe3e666561967.png

Never will I ever...

Allow someone to be staff after they've dumped me and the site once. If they leave because of a good reason, great. Ghost or use petty reasons, never again.

Allow someone to manipulate me into doing something I don't want to do (on site/character/etc)

Not listen to my gut when it's telling me something isn't right.

Allow someone to TELL me how I am supposed to run MY site.

Allow someone to tell me how I should be as an Admin, staff, or member. I'm a big girl. I've done this a time or two.

• I read this! 1
  • Preach it! 3

spacer.pngDecadence

Never again will I keep my opinions to myself when I have a bad feeling about a member. Not only did the issue escalate beyond belief, but we experienced several issues with other members after we were forced to remove them. Twice this has happened to me, and twice I have regretted it afterwards. 

• Love 1
  • Preach it! 1

FBTAff-4.png
FBT is an original (modern) supernatural rpg.

Never again will I stay on a site with staff that treats me like less than a person. Been through it twice and I'm free now and it's such a nice good feeling.

• Agree 1

Oh I had that a few times about the not saying anything about something.

But it was not me -- I have seen this a few times at our place. New members arrive. They know or have written with some of our members and these members mention to one or more mods that the newbie has had several severe issues with other places. The mod does not want to rock a boat and figures its not important and stores it for future discussion.

The discussion never occurs and this newb blows the place up. 

Never will I ever file away such things and I will make sure we all speak up and encourage our staff to do this because 9 out of 10 times if the newbie was bad news elsewhere he will be bad news here.

( newbie as in new player not new to rp)

• Agree 1
  • Fuck Yeah! 1
  • Cheers 1

623de32ccbe3e666561967.png

• 2 weeks later...

Never again will I...

Allow members to push me around into meeting demands/stories that do not honor the original purpose of my site. Never will I allow members  that dominate stories and can't play nice and/or share the spotlight with other players to create toxcitiy on my site. Never again will I allow people addicted to writing apps but not actually posting on the site, to continue to be active.

• Preach it! 1

• 2 weeks later...

Never again will I allow myself to be pressured into making more characters than I am comfortable balancing, or joining more threads than is realistic for me. I used to get burnt out all the time from being guilted into joining a ton of threads, and it was difficult to balance with staff duties as well.

• Agree 1
  • Preach it! 1

• 2 weeks later...

Never again will I change site software. Changing is bad, kills the site, kills its member base. Instead I will resolve to pick something and stick with it for as long as the RP is active. 

lofnsliplogo.png.7a58409350c0c952ed23ab6d914f3781.png

• 1 month later...

Never again will I let someone admin my site who only wanted access to steal everything from me.

Edited by mrscuddles
  • Cringe 1

I joined a site during site buzz, got really hyped for it and then once it opened, it quickly became super cliquey and everyone just does comm/tinder threads and barely any real threading. Not going to let myself get hyped for a new site before it opens.

spacer.png

SITE BUZZ | DISCORD
OPENING 24 OCTOBER

• 1 month later...

Never again will I allow someone to ONLY contribute negative thoughts and "vents" to the site discord chat. You mean to tell me you have time to kill the whole vibe but you can't post an app? It makes the chat seem melancholy and unwelcoming and I can't stand it.

• 4 weeks later...

Never again will I let what other people want convince me to change what I've created. You saw what you signed on to, like it or leave it. 

• 3 months later...

Never again will I ...

Allow myself to place friendship before moderation. I'm human, but this is something I've done in the past. It's burned me more than I'd care to admit, and it really hurts greatly when friends assume first hand that their connection with you allows them rule breaking. It's heart wrenching, really. 

1388779713_Tamnera.png.43d9196b9e1ead95cbfcda92b755a4a5.png

Tam'nýer—a' is an 18+ Premium Jcink Original Fantasy World

Operated for 3 Years - LGBTQIA+ Friendly - POC Friendly - 3|3|3 Rated

Custom Races, Original Flora and Fauna, Lore and Story Driven

Never again will I keep quiet about my opinion when taking on mods/staff I don't truly know. I was a co-admin for awhile and didn't say anything about taking on two different mods - although I did have a bad feeling about it. Because I wasn't necessarily the "head" of the site at the time I didn't think it was my place (not that the other admin made me feel this way, it was mostly in my own head ugh). It ended up being just not a good idea - they just accepted their own characters and the people they posted with. The "re adjusted" an entire claim worth of code "to make it look better and make more sense" without speaking with anyone. Never again!