Roleplay Biases

Dragon

One of my biggest biases on a site is when the rules are SUUUPER strict. I was once on a site that had a TON of rules that I read multiple times while waiting for my character to get decided on, but there were a bunch of things that I could NOT find, even when using ctrl+F to try and find it. Apparently me asking questions was grounds for them to not accept me. 

It was good riddance though. They were CRAZY strict!

Word counts and godmodding. I like being able to GM plots and move people's character's around, experimental narratives/perspectives are my jam and being beholden to a word count is exhausting.

prombutton.gif.4e1b8312b0a3ebfb0391e63b7642d233.gif *  
{  18+ star trek | sandbox | no wc/ac | lazy lit   } NOVA  }

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Not sure why, but I have an instant dislike towards RP sites where the characters, whether human or animal, have wings/horns/glowy eyes/unnatural colors. I typically find that the characters in those sites are not often played out well, so I just skip over them.

• Agree 2
  • Preach it! 1

• 3 months later...

I'm biased against people who have a lot of characters without clear distinctions between them. 

4rlXnvM.png

Maudlin
A Post-War Marauders AU, 1985

• 1 month later...

I have a huge bias against people who only plot romances with one another. Like... this is especially true if we're on a forum RP site, and I see two people who ONLY write romance with each other, and go to great lengths to plot out these "fun, dramatic" romance plots that are possibly not even up to par with the lore on a site. It just irks me to no end. I usually try to avoid sites that allow that or the people that do that.

spacer.png

• 1 month later...
  • Operations Mod

I have a bias against jumping straight to romance/intimate relations on a first time to plotting together basis. 

If the first suggestion a new partner makes is a romantic relationship between characters, with the exception of things like answering a character ad that involves such or Player A's character soliciting Player B's sex worker, then more often than not I'll disengage immediately. Primarily this is because I enjoy writing about the many other experiences humans have, but it is also hugely because from the start of things you have no idea how well you'll mesh with the other writer in the long run. 

Plus going that route exponentially increases your rate of encountering one of those obsessive psychos who can't seem to differentiate RP from Reality. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

bannerlong.png

0_mainsignature (1).jpg

rpgida.png

Icon & Profile set by The Inquisitor of Dragon Age: Absolution

• 4 weeks later...

I have a big bias about liking to play teenagers. I love developing and watching them grow in general.

My bias is around not playing a human in a modern setting.  I just don't wanna. The exception to the rule is if the setting is an un-earth-like world. So, dystopian, futuristic, sci-fi might be a possibility. Otherwise why play a human in modern times, I'm already human.  I think.

This bias is so hard I forgot to add humans as a class to my RP forum. That is now corrected.

"You tie the knot, I'll start the fire."

~ The Amity Affliction

spacer.png

The World Withing - Modern Supernatural Roleplay (JCINK 18+)