Describe your perfect player

Foxypaws

We talk a lot about facepalms and such...but what would you say is the perfect member for your site? The kind that you want to stick around!

• I read this! 1
  • Fuck Yeah! 1
  • Love 2
  • Preach it! 1

My ideal player is someone who:

1. Wants to be at the site as it is, not waltz in and demand things be changed to suit their whims;

2. Is a team player, knows that while not everyone will be best buddies, everyone has to be civil to each other;

3. Doesn't have the 'just broke the rules to see if I could get away with it' mentality;

4. Knows how to deal with problems in a mature way, be it talking it out with their co-member or taking it to staff if needed;

5. Posts within the required time for the site and isn't constantly making comments like 'ugh, I want to post but my muse won't let me' on all areas of the site.

There's probably more, but basically, as long as they're mature and know how to communicate + actually participate on the roleplay, I'm cool.

• I read this! 1
  • Agree 1
  • Fuck Yeah! 1

Shady McShaderson

+Creative!

+Responsible for themselves!

Really, that's all I want. Members who take responsibility for their own actions and words and have a creative mind. I love seeing what people come up with in my different settings when they're given creative freedom. <3

• Fuck Yeah! 1
  • Preach it! 3

Reality is an illusion. 

- Friendly members who can become friends, irrespectively of their backgrounds and age

- Having initiative and interest to get involved in all the aspects of the site and to improve their writing in time. 
- Everyone, new and old, talking together on any subjects. Especially plotting the story and exchanging writing tips and resources, but we are a site which doesn't forbid talking about religion or politics either, as long as the discussions are informative, not preachy. This is how we learn about different traditions, customs, voting systems, education and health systems, etc.
- Having an interest in history/ Age of Sail and the willingness to learn, to research, to exchange opinions about what we have discovered and learnt

• Preach it! 2

Someone who's nice and fun to write with, and someone who understands that I'm pretty introverted and that just because I might not always reach out to talk one on one, it doesn't mean I don't like or care about you! Sometimes I just don't have the spoons for much talk.

• Agree 1

• 2 months later...

Someone who is fun to talk to. 

Someone who has a friendly attitude. 

Someone who understands that real life is a thing and this is a hobby of mine. 

Someone who posts. 

Someone who isn't solely about themselves and who doesn't always drag the conversation back to themselves. 

• Preach it! 2

bzC3QQ.png  

Active, fun, established 2008! Come join us. 
Aeterna Roma

Sites I am on; rpabutton.png 

Maybe not perfect, but optimal? 

•  Knows how to keep out of character separate from in character.
  • Understands the value of, "Yes...and,"
  • Active. Not super active so they burn themselves out. But maybe once a week.
  • Able to communicate to their role play partners their exact wants and needs. 
  • Able to be a partner that can listen and compromise to their other partner without compromising or taking their partners dislikes or wants as an insult
  • Casually or helpfully shares information they know with others
  • Casually randomly shouts out their favorite RP website
  • Can belong to more than one RP website without trash talking either. 
  • Mature. A little bit age wise, but mostly mentally. 
  • Doesn't bring their RP emotional baggage with them. Or, like most of us who do have some, have come to terms with the past and are able and willing to move on
  • Willing to RP with anyone at first at least, giving beginners and ancients/'advanced' the chance to interact with their characters at the same time. 
  • Willing to lurk around when a site is not as active, understanding that members don't just magically appear out of thin air. (Whispers: If you RP there, they will come.) 

I am also calling myself out on this list. I remind myself of these things every day when I play. I don't care if I've been doing it for more than a decade. I have made mistakes. I have miscommunicated. I have been emotional. It is a constant never-ending process of self-bettering, self analyzing and sticking to the tenants or hopes of what I want for players, for myself too. I would be happy if 50% of players matched my bullet points really. When it comes right down to it, the perfect member would be the one who is always willing to try. 

Edited by GreaterRealms
  • Like 1
  • Preach it! 1

Someone that isn't work.

They are patient.

They are creative.

They are willing to compromise.

They are excited to participate.

They are friendly.

They are mature and understanding.

And they are a little bit goofy.

• Preach it! 1

+ Relaxed schedule, but still present
+ Doesn't take every small difference in worldview too personally

I'm pretty simple.

• Agree 1

OnyxSiggy1.jpg.c76f2c1acc64a865bdf5164f4c085020.jpg

• 2 months later...

+  friendly and positive please!!

+  reasonably active, be it with posts or in discord

+  willing to plot and drive things forward

+  respects others, the rules, and the site itself.
+ hypes, gives encouragement to other members, and is willing to help newbies. community-focused and kind.

That's all really. ;u;

• Agree 1

2vyeCC8.jpg

RULESBEGINNER'S GUIDELOREADVERTISING

We're a 3-3-3 freeform medieval fantasy RPG! Come have some coffee (or ale) with us and have a good time! <:

Someone who's on the site to have fun and knows that everyone else - including staff - is there for the same reason. Therefore, they're friendly and polite and don't break rules for the sake of it. They can act as adults and talk to staff if they have a problem instead of pouting and stomping their foot like a child.

• Agree 2
  • Preach it! 1

Shady McShaderson

• Operations Mod

I just want people who are active with the community - come around and chat even if posting isn't feasible, just act like you enjoy the place - and, most importantly, who can accept it when things don't go their way. I know it totally sucks when your character is the one that gets rejected and left alone after a love triangle plot, been there done it, but its not the end of the line for the character. There's no reason to ruin the game for everyone else. 

• Agree 2

bannerlong.png

0_mainsignature (1).jpg

rpgida.png

Icon & Profile set by The Inquisitor of Dragon Age: Absolution