Describe your perfect player

Foxypaws

On 2/6/2019 at 6:11 AM, Morrigan said:

Someone that posts regularly.

^^^

As someone who posts fairly regularly, I like having at least some writing partners that match me. I'm patient but at the same time I can get bored of a plot/site if I have to wait weeks for all my partners to reply to something. I want to write!

1226376502_bloodshonouradCropped(1).png.f99194955d2562e42a6ee995f506e7b6.png

Someone who can just role-play on the site, be positive, and not make drama for themselves or others. It doesn't need to be a pissing contest.

Basically, my perfect role-player is someone who says they're an adult and acts like one, too, in every aspect of the site.

• Agree 2

GbQDuEL.png

22 hours ago, ammut said:

Someone who can just role-play on the site, be positive, and not make drama for themselves or others. It doesn't need to be a pissing contest.

Basically, my perfect role-player is someone who says they're an adult and acts like one, too, in every aspect of the site.

This and like a lot of people have said people who post and people who move a thread forward and don't always rely on you to do so by giving you nothing to work with.

user posted image                                                                                              

From an OOC / socialization standpoint, someone who interacts in genchat because having 12 lurkers kind of creeps me out, but who also understands that it needs to stay friendly.

From a roleplayer standpoint, a lot of the things said up there belong on my list, but I also want to add  the perfect RPer:
- knows the lore, reads the lore, asks questions about the lore ;

- will accept the fact that people enjoy different plotting styles and will compromise for the sake of moving the story forward ;

- will be responsible for themselves and accept that IC actions have IC consequences ;

- will either write a character that does not go beyond their own ability to write them (I know it's pretendy fun times, but if you are writing a leadership position, you had better well know how to write a leader, for instance) or accept that they are learning, ask for help, accept the help, and accept that they will make mistakes in the process of learning;

- is already educated and knows how to minimally interact with people without coming across as a bully;

- comes to the site to interact with existing characters rather than with characters that do not currently exist and are based on a want ad that may or may not ever be taken;

- if they come to the site to write their own little story and they don't care about the site-wide plot, then they also know better than to request political positions of import on the site;

- are a team player who plots and collaborates rather than a power player who one-ups. 

TL;DR: people who know themselves and are respectful have the most important qualities to me. How much they write and how well they write is secondary - important, but secondary. I'll take a nice and mature person who is mediocre over a self-styled rock-star any day of the week.

This is such a good question. Let's get to it!

• Mature. Age has nothing to do with this; I've met very mature 19 year olds and completely childish 35 year olds. The perfect player is just someone who is respectful, doesn't treat other members poorly, handles negative interactions with grace, and overall is just pleasant to be around.
  • Outgoing and helpful. Always ready to help new players and answer questions if they're thrown their way, happy to welcome others to an unfamiliar environment. 
  • Active. Either by actively roleplaying or just engaging with the community. We can't always be ready to roleplay all the time, but checking the site regularly and getting to know their fellow members is more than enough to bring a smile to my face. 
  • Agree 2

umbra-galaxy.png

18+ multi-genre community. no application. no word count.

People who want to contribute to the world. We spent MONTHS working on lore and history and setting up a world that people could dive into and interact with. The players that get me really fueled up aren't just bringing the same old characters they've played on 1000 sites and refitting them to vaguely work in our setting (vague at the best of times) They're trying something new, out of their scope of comfort. 

It is the player that latches onto some little tidbit of lore and RUNS with it. Start campaigning for the God of Chaos or grab control over the Phoenix Ember and start a racket on magical transportation. There are endless possibilities and when the player is super excited to create something in our world, it makes me giddy. GIDDY.

Also Players that join into the game itself. We are running events and games, offering rewards for input, we want the players to help build this world and game into something that is really cool. So when we get people who totally jump onboard with the many MANY perks we're offering. It gives me the happy.

• Like 2

The past is a place of reference, not residence.

I'm happy with all kinds of people. As long as you aren't abusive we're good to go.

• Agree 1

prombutton.gif.4e1b8312b0a3ebfb0391e63b7642d233.gif *  
{  18+ star trek | sandbox | no wc/ac | lazy lit   } NOVA  }

• 1 month later...

I would have to say that my perfect member would be someone who:

-is enthusiastic about the site

-is active

-pleasant and polite

-always down to plot with people! It annoys me to no end when someone complains about having no plots, but are unwilling to try to plot with other members!

• Preach it! 1

My sites

Blur the LinesGrand Finale

• 2 weeks later...

Honestly, my favorite players are the ones who are willing to do their own work to find/create RP opportunities, and when they get involved in something, bring interesting ideas to the table. And it goes without saying, those who are friendly. 

• Agree 1
  • Fuck Yeah! 1

Administrator, Star Wars Universe RP

An AU Star Wars Roleplay set in the Old Republic era

Story | Cast

• 5 months later...

Step 1: Someone capable of writing a thorough app - which we require. And if we ask for something altered, and they don't want to alter it, I would really like a nice little letter that we're not for you so that I'm not waiting for app updates. 

Step 1.5: ASK QUESTIONS. I will, in no way, dislike the perfect player asking a billion questions. I would rather you ask questions than have a panic in not knowing and then quit because you're not sure. With that said, read the lore before you do ask questions that are probably answered in basic lore.

Step 2: Mingle. I love a social butterfly. I love it when people are active in OOC and are willing to meet writers. I also love someone who reaches out for plots and doesn't wait around for someone to come to them. 

Step 3: Activity. I don't need my perfect player to write several times a week or fortnight. I need my perfect player to understand not everybody writes at the same pace and that is 100% okay. 

Step 4: Inclusive. Include everyone. Not just one or two. Reach out to everybody, and you'll make me such a happy little admin.  

• Preach it! 1

"widows, ghosts, lovers sit and sing in the dark, arched marrow of me."
1396128257_Bloodlinespaidad.png.d09a675bc97e605f48b34846ff6d666c.png

On 3/4/2020 at 11:53 AM, Lady Hyde said:

Step 3: Activity. I don't need my perfect player to write several times a week or fortnight. I need my perfect player to understand not everybody writes at the same pace and that is 100% okay. 

This.

In the past I had problems with super active members. I got a new job and wanted to scale back. They didn't understand, and threw a tantrum because they apparently thought I owed them daily posts forever. When someone treats RP as paramount and above real life commitments, they lose me as a writing partner. I don't have time for that drama.

• Love 2

• 1 month later...

My ❤️ members are the ones who are loving, welcoming, friendly, and just fun to be around. I like to think that a community comes first, so I'll treasure these members the most!

I'll be totally honest. My perfect player that I want for my sites is someone who is basically me. I want people to match my ideas of storytelling, tone, plot, level of content and ideals, and otherwise, be a perfect match for the story I want to tell. Which, to be honest, is far from ideal, and unfair to put on anyone. 

And let's be real, that will never happen, and I shouldn't expect that. It's unhealthy to want it. So, what I keep telling myself is that I want contributors who are invested in the world and story. Let them be different. Let them be themselves and treat each other with the fullest of respect. But, it's a learning process, and it'll take time. 

Aure entuluva! Day shall come again! - The Children of Hurin

What I really adore is people who are just genuinely nice. My perfect player is someone who is understanding, friendly, fun to talk to, and write with. At that point, it doesn't really matter to me if their level of content doesn't match mine (not that I feel like I put out outstanding content), because they're just fun to have around and are down for fun plots but are also super chill if I can't get to it ASAP. I have a lot of anxiety, so having a super chill and pleasant member is really refreshing for me. Especially if I have to talk to them about tweaking something in an application or plot, it's really nice to have someone who works with you to find a way to make an idea work in the given setting. 

Someone who read and understood the rules and guidelines that were provided.  -.-  

• Preach it! 1