Describe your perfect player

Foxypaws

Someone who will make an effort, but doesn't act entitled to plots, and doesn't exclude others from their enthusiasm. I love members who go out of their way to talk to each other, make plots on their own, keep their own momentum going, and are excited to bring new members into the fold. They're respectful of each other's time and capacity. They just want everyone to enjoy the stories being created, without judgment or outlandish expectations. 

• Agree 1
  • Preach it! 1

spacer.png

Celebrating 3 wonderful years!

For me it is someone who gets involved in all the aspects available. They do so in a way that is inclusive and with a genuine desire to bring plots and characters to life.

"You tie the knot, I'll start the fire."

~ The Amity Affliction

spacer.png

The World Withing - Modern Supernatural Roleplay (JCINK 18+)

Aside from the standard 'follows rules, is active, and isn't a dick about everything', I've got to say someone who's just as excited about the world and characters as I am. Its absolutely heartbreaking when something you've spent countless hours building is met with just a 'meh', and I've wiped out many a forum for that one alone.

Candide: An original dystopian RPG

My ideal (perfect is close to impossible) player is someone who is flexible, creative, fun, committed, open and honest as well as being able to take constructive criticism.

• 2 weeks later...

Creative, interactive, and follows the site rules. 

So many writers depend on the admins to come up with things for their characters to the point of me wondering if they ever had a plot or put thought into their characters from the get go. Or there are just authors that post and disappear. I don't expect people to be in chat constantly, but it would be nice to have more conversation. 

The last one is just frustrating. For whatever reason, there are many writers who don't read the rules. I either get asked the same questions over and over when they are listed in the rules, or they do something completely off the wall.

"Oh damn Lily, you as crazy as I am, wanna write stupid graphic sex scenes and overly dramatic romances? Sweet! As long as you don't mind if we both go AWOL for a few days (sometimes weeks) at a time but when we come together you would never know and I wouldn't make you feel guilty for it."

That. That is exactly my perfect player and I'm thankful I have them! 

• Like 1

"Everyone has been doing so much soul searching during all of this,

and I'm just over here drawing pics of my character's dicks."

• 5 months later...

I'm going to gush about my main RP partner. I met her through a buddy search I posted a month ago and oh my god. She's great. And here is why:

- active but also understanding. I'm a working adult, I like RPing with other working adults that understand that we can be active when we have time, but also have to tend to other needs (work, family responsibilities, cat responsibilities on my end)

- gives really long and detailed posts with plenty for me to reply to (and is legitimately an amazing writer)

- enjoys nasty M/M plots. It's definitely not a dealbreaker for me but I really enjoy writing some mature stuff.

• Like 1

spacer.png

SITE BUZZ | DISCORD
OPENING 24 OCTOBER

• 1 month later...

A member who is attentive to the role-play's setting and theme, who asks questions and makes an honest effort when interacting with others is always top in my books. 😁

• Agree 1

22JD6zG.png

15 Years Online! Join the legacy!

• 1 month later...

Someone with maturity, who reads the rules & follows them, interacts with everyone not just their ship partner, and also still cracks juvenile jokes. Bc I love me some bad humor. 

• Agree 1

siggy

• 4 months later...

Someone who's mature and doesn't try to act 'edgy' or 'know-it-all' like. Someone who is unashamedly themselves. That's on a social aspect, but on a roleplaying one I love players who will look for their own threads. The people who aren't afraid to jump into inboxes or to brainstorm in chat are my absolute favorites. 

Signature.gif.f990d17d00a304eecbd3578bd5de4cf5.gif

• 3 months later...

Someone that is involved for sure. 

I understand everyone has lives. But it sucks to have someone join ... and then fizzle out before anything gets started. 

❤️

Hm. I would probably say a member who is friendly and also passionate about roleplaying. Ideally, they'd really love the setting of the board and have a lot of inspiration for the different things they're looking forward to doing. Someone who reaches out to a few other plotters or members in the least. Someone who has a real life schedule that allows them to comfortably partake in the writing and community on the board. Haha, I suppose that would be my vision of a completely "perfect" member.

AFF1.gif

My perfect player is enthusiastic without being exhaustingly energetic - i.e., 'So excited to be here, guys!' vs 'sldfjalksdjg'.

My perfect player is interactive without being egocentric - i.e., participates in a mutual discussion vs. the constant updates about their existence, like the Discord is their FB or personal fan club or something.
My perfect player is communicative without flooding chat - i.e., 'have you guys ever had an experience with xyz?' vs. 'OMG SO ONE TIME AT BAND CAMP--'

But this isn't about my wants and needs, its about the shared experience. So. ❤️

spacer.png

spacer.png

• 2 months later...

I dont want perfection. I want the crazy passionate writer who cares about their writing, who does not mind enjoying the quirks of others and is unafraid to take risks with threads. Perfection to me is imperfection.

I dont care if you screw up a typo, or if you forget to reply quickly-I want you to care about what you write, make friends build a community and just enjoy yourself. 

Perfection is a pressure of life. We are here to create and be happy. To escape. 

I will take imperfections. They can be both good and bad but always a learning experience.

Perfection is a multi layered perception. 

• Preach it! 1

623de32ccbe3e666561967.png