• More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Foxypaws

Describe your perfect player

On 2/6/2019 at 6:11 AM, Morrigan said:

Someone that posts regularly.

^^^

As someone who posts fairly regularly, I like having at least some writing partners that match me. I'm patient but at the same time I can get bored of a plot/site if I have to wait weeks for all my partners to reply to something. I want to write!

1226376502_bloodshonouradCropped(1).png.f99194955d2562e42a6ee995f506e7b6.png

Someone who can just role-play on the site, be positive, and not make drama for themselves or others. It doesn't need to be a pissing contest.

Basically, my perfect role-player is someone who says they're an adult and acts like one, too, in every aspect of the site.

• Agree 2

GbQDuEL.png

22 hours ago, ammut said:

Someone who can just role-play on the site, be positive, and not make drama for themselves or others. It doesn't need to be a pissing contest.

Basically, my perfect role-player is someone who says they're an adult and acts like one, too, in every aspect of the site.

This and like a lot of people have said people who post and people who move a thread forward and don't always rely on you to do so by giving you nothing to work with.

9cce3b72-virtue.png
COMING SOON
Virtue in Darkness. Set in Old Hallow Maine, a city you won't find on any map. You all know the tale of Roanoke, now learn the tale of Old Hallow.

From an OOC / socialization standpoint, someone who interacts in genchat because having 12 lurkers kind of creeps me out, but who also understands that it needs to stay friendly.

From a roleplayer standpoint, a lot of the things said up there belong on my list, but I also want to add  the perfect RPer:
- knows the lore, reads the lore, asks questions about the lore ;

- will accept the fact that people enjoy different plotting styles and will compromise for the sake of moving the story forward ;

- will be responsible for themselves and accept that IC actions have IC consequences ;

- will either write a character that does not go beyond their own ability to write them (I know it's pretendy fun times, but if you are writing a leadership position, you had better well know how to write a leader, for instance) or accept that they are learning, ask for help, accept the help, and accept that they will make mistakes in the process of learning;

- is already educated and knows how to minimally interact with people without coming across as a bully;

- comes to the site to interact with existing characters rather than with characters that do not currently exist and are based on a want ad that may or may not ever be taken;

- if they come to the site to write their own little story and they don't care about the site-wide plot, then they also know better than to request political positions of import on the site;

- are a team player who plots and collaborates rather than a power player who one-ups. 

TL;DR: people who know themselves and are respectful have the most important qualities to me. How much they write and how well they write is secondary - important, but secondary. I'll take a nice and mature person who is mediocre over a self-styled rock-star any day of the week.

This is such a good question. Let's get to it!

• Mature. Age has nothing to do with this; I've met very mature 19 year olds and completely childish 35 year olds. The perfect player is just someone who is respectful, doesn't treat other members poorly, handles negative interactions with grace, and overall is just pleasant to be around.
  • Outgoing and helpful. Always ready to help new players and answer questions if they're thrown their way, happy to welcome others to an unfamiliar environment. 
  • Active. Either by actively roleplaying or just engaging with the community. We can't always be ready to roleplay all the time, but checking the site regularly and getting to know their fellow members is more than enough to bring a smile to my face. 
  • Agree 1

spacer.png

People who want to contribute to the world. We spent MONTHS working on lore and history and setting up a world that people could dive into and interact with. The players that get me really fueled up aren't just bringing the same old characters they've played on 1000 sites and refitting them to vaguely work in our setting (vague at the best of times) They're trying something new, out of their scope of comfort. 

It is the player that latches onto some little tidbit of lore and RUNS with it. Start campaigning for the God of Chaos or grab control over the Phoenix Ember and start a racket on magical transportation. There are endless possibilities and when the player is super excited to create something in our world, it makes me giddy. GIDDY.

Also Players that join into the game itself. We are running events and games, offering rewards for input, we want the players to help build this world and game into something that is really cool. So when we get people who totally jump onboard with the many MANY perks we're offering. It gives me the happy.

• Like 2

spacer.png