Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Good day staff,

I have ordered a hosting package with RPG Initiative (because you are awesome 😉 ) but that was yesterday. 

Now I don't want to sound impatient, just wanted to know how long the process takes? 

That way I can schedule a free day in the week to set the site up 😄 

Thanks again ❤️

~RaWolfe

Lieutenant Dufrai

Officer In Charge

Crystal Fruits

Starfleet Intelligence

&

Lieutenant Waltz

HECO

Team 14

Starfleet Corps Engineers

It should be more or less instant, actually. Is it not listed in your purchases section?

• Thank you 1

Ready for a new role-playing and administrating experience? Keep an eye on Gaia, coming summer 2019. (It's what Plain of Ice runs on!)

Yes, the past does hurt. But the way I see it, you can either run from it, or learn from it.

signature.png

Sites I Like

onyx2ban.jpg.dbe50dc399fa995bfe2963db7e2 Messiah Roleplay Architects

6 minutes ago, Arceus said:

It should be more or less instant, actually. Is it not listed in your purchases section?

Where can I find this? its a bit of a maze ^^'

Lieutenant Dufrai

Officer In Charge

Crystal Fruits

Starfleet Intelligence

&

Lieutenant Waltz

HECO

Team 14

That's okay! c:

You'll want to click your username in the top-right of the top bar, and click uhh... well Account Settings is the fastest way to get there. Then on that page, on the left side in the sidebar there'll be a link for Purchases, click that. You should find your hosting package there, with a Manage button. Click the Manage button to get your cPanel login information. As long as the package is marked active, and you have a cPanel login and password, you should be good to go!

• Preach it! 1

Ready for a new role-playing and administrating experience? Keep an eye on Gaia, coming summer 2019. (It's what Plain of Ice runs on!)

Yes, the past does hurt. But the way I see it, you can either run from it, or learn from it.

signature.png

Sites I Like

14 minutes ago, Arceus said:

I got the information, super! But when trying to access the FTP, I am getting a connection failure because it fails to load the directive list?

Lieutenant Dufrai

Officer In Charge

Crystal Fruits

Starfleet Intelligence

&

Lieutenant Waltz

HECO

Team 14

What FTP settings are you using?

signature.png

Sites I Like

Protocol: FTP
Host: thebest.morrgasm.com

Port: empty

Login Type: Normal

Account and Password filled. 

Using Filezila

Lieutenant Dufrai

Officer In Charge

Crystal Fruits

Starfleet Intelligence

&

Lieutenant Waltz

HECO

Team 14

Hmm, not sure. Works for mine just fine. You may want to explicitly tell it port 21? That's the only difference between my settings and yours.

signature.png

Sites I Like

I did manage with flat FTP to connect to the server, but that is not secure.

It is kinda the same as this: 

Command:    CWD /
Response:   250 CWD successful. "/" is current directory.
Command:    PWD
Response:   257 "/" is current directory.
Command:    TYPE I
Response:   200 Type set to I
Command:    PORT 192,168,0,13,205,63
Response:   200 Port command successful
Command:    MLSD
Response:   150 Opening data channel for directory listing of "/"
Response:   425 Can't open data connection for transfer of "/"
Error:  Failed to retrieve directory listing

Lieutenant Dufrai

Officer In Charge

Crystal Fruits

Starfleet Intelligence

&

Lieutenant Waltz

HECO

Team 14

Unfortunately, FTP/S is not my strong suit,  I'll have to leave this one to someone that knows it better than I when they're available. c:

• Thank you 1

signature.png

Sites I Like

Thanks again all for helping me out with this. Long support chitchat, finally found the bugger that messed up the connection. But I have another question, seeing that the service and the package itself is really awesome here and the service support as well. I am willing to buy up a domain and transfer it into RPG Initiative care, the general idea is that I use it as a central location to place all my RPG groups that are still with another host to here.

The question is, am I allowed to do this? My current host is being ....well stubborn and an ass trying to make my hosting period there a living hell. It's two sites that I want to bring into here as subdomain of my new domain. 

Lieutenant Dufrai

Officer In Charge

Crystal Fruits

Starfleet Intelligence

&

Lieutenant Waltz

HECO

Team 14

On 2/17/2019 at 8:01 AM, RaWolfe said:

I am willing to buy up a domain and transfer it into RPG Initiative care, the general idea is that I use it as a central location to place all my RPG groups that are still with another host to here.

Using your own purchased domain is an option if you mean something like yoursite.com instead of yoursite.rpginit.com for example. And as far as I know with your own custom domain you can set up subdomains such as subdomain.yoursite.com and point it to a folder in your directory. So if your question is if subdomains off a domain are possible the answer is yes.

However, another staff member will have to confirm if on a hosting account here a user has the ability to create subdomains as I am not one hundred percent sure on that.

• Like 1

Yes, you can create sub-domains on your own.

One note, if you've got a provided sub-domain from the Initiative and want to switch the main domain to one of your own, you may need to submit a support ticket with the new domain you want to use once it's pointing at the right domain name servers, so that your hosting account's primary domain can be changed out. c:

• Like 1

signature.png

Sites I Like

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.