Jazzed, Excited, Drooling

StormWolfe

@Arceus

I cannot even begin to state how totally jazzed I am over Gaia. It is gonna be THE THING! Having a software less nich-y than Nova that is designed for roleplayers by a roleplayer is...well...I don't don't why it hasn't been done yet. Nova gets close and Nova 3 sounds like it will be over the top fantastic. However, unless they make mega changes, it will still be mainly oriented for science fiction, Star Trek, etc.

I am the untechie, however, anything I can do to help - hit me up!

PS: I so love the name too! Gaia! Awesome!

• Thank you 1

Someone somewhere went to sleep and dreamed us all alive.
Dreams get pushed around a lot, and I doubt if we'll survive.
We won't get to wake up, dreams were born to disappear.
And I'm pretty sure that none of us are here.
~ None of Us Here by Jim Stafford ~

sagas-button1.png.467e9214ee1a2d2a24c0030301948c27.png 

RPG-Initiative

*your one-stop RPG resource site!

If I had to guess, probably because it's just a lot of work for one person, and not a lot of people in the RP community can code well enough to do it solo (I actually barely can, so I'll be kind of depending on Gaia's users to tell me when they have an issue or find a security hole). Plus, the maintenance. Honestly coding and then maintaining such a software is going to be quite the time-sink, but I am crazy and my priorities are a bit skewed. xD

Probably I won't need any helpers until beta 1 rolls around. What I intend to do with that is, when beta 1's ready, I'll do a sign-up deal, and put up a new Gaia installation for each tester, unless they specifically want to test together on the same installation, get admin logins happening and let y'all have at it. It'll basically be a "set this up like you were putting your site on it" deal, and then just post up any bugs you run into along the way. (Non-technically-inclined people having a go at it during beta will be super helpful, so ~everyone, basically don't ever think you can't help beta test, especially not for me, if you can't code or whatever. Your eyes are the ones I need on my work the most, absolutely, especially with Gaia because Gaia is designed for you. If you can't use it, Gaia failed.)

c: Glad you're so excited though! It's helpful for motivation xD

• Love 2

nusignature.png nusignature.png

I am the darkness, always watching, always listening, ALWAYS THERE.
(If you're interested in Plain of Ice, message me, it's private. Bleach site, non-canon.)

Once I move Aereth off my test Nova site, I'll have a domain and host free. I can do the Village Idiot set-up when you get that far. Let you know how idiot-proof it needs to be for installation. I'll also gladly help on the beta testing.

As far as maintenance goes once it's launched - I am pretty good with troubleshooting basic installation issues (Nova taught me alot there) so I can do the one end-user to another type things if/when needed. Like, go here, click this, fill out this form, etc.

Blessed Be!

• Cheers 1

Someone somewhere went to sleep and dreamed us all alive.
Dreams get pushed around a lot, and I doubt if we'll survive.
We won't get to wake up, dreams were born to disappear.
And I'm pretty sure that none of us are here.
~ None of Us Here by Jim Stafford ~

sagas-button1.png.467e9214ee1a2d2a24c0030301948c27.png 

RPG-Initiative

*your one-stop RPG resource site!