Open Coterie  ·  19 members

SMF Staff People

ACM css conflicting with boostrap navbar

Jones

Not a big thing, but a thing worth noting if anyone is using a theme with bootstrap. I have my main menu bits in a bootstrap navbar toggle thing for ease of mobile use. I could not figure out why it suddenly stopped working on small screens. Then I realized the ACM css is using collapse as a class name. 

@media screen and (max-width: 700px) {
	.bio_flex { display: block; }
	.acm_bio_left img, .collapse { display: none; }
}

Where in the templates can I find all the profile arranging bits so I can rename that? 

operation: bowtruckles & bombs

R6MmD.png

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Ummmumum, should be Characters.template.php. Might also be some in ...... wtf ever the character admin template is. Can prolly Ctrl+R it, I don't think it's used in any other context.

(My bad tbh I didn't realise Bootstrap used that exact class name until much later. xD)

nusignature.png nusignature.png

I am the darkness, always watching, always listening, ALWAYS THERE.
(If you're interested in Plain of Ice, message me, it's private. Bleach site, non-canon.)

I didn't see it in those but I'll check again. When you look at a character profile its in there somewhere, I'll track it down. It's not a big deal just wanted to make sure anyone else with similar knew the solution was easy peasy. I was mildly confused for a second, tho ngl. "Didn't touch it, but broke it anyway." lolol

Think I got them all. Thanks.

Edited by Jones

R6MmD.png

Another quick question. I want to pull info from character bio-form fields for the mini profiles. How do? 🙃 Like just the $message['somestuff']['morestuff'] syntaxybit. Unless it is not that easy. In which case I will settle for doing it with custom profile fields.

R6MmD.png

Shooo it does pull by default, um. It's - trying to remember where it is hang on...

[custom_fields] => Array
        (
            [0] => Array
                (
                    [title] => Canon
                    [col_name] => field_canon
                    [value] => Active
                    [placement] => 0
                )

)

So this is kind of a weird way of doing it (I did it this way re: placement). The default display.template should have a short guide on how to do this exactly, but you can loop through $message['member']['custom_fields'] and echo $field['title'],': ',$field['value']. They're meant to be able to auto loop and order by placement. I believe. It's either that or that skips them if auto-display is off, I can't remember.

Easiest thing to do is either print_r() $message['member'] or var_dump() it to see how it behaves re: the auto list checkbox, and alter how you loop through them accordingly. If placement turns to 1 with autolist on but is 0 if it's off, you can foreach loop and then continue; on ones that are placement value 0. But I think that's ordering...

Tbh I don't even remember xD

nusignature.png nusignature.png

I am the darkness, always watching, always listening, ALWAYS THERE.
(If you're interested in Plain of Ice, message me, it's private. Bleach site, non-canon.)

Thank you. I'll figure it out. Or scream until it magically works. Both methods have served me well up to this point. 😛

eta: 

I finally got deep into making the mini profiles today so had to focus on this bit . Took a few tries. The syntax is simple to call a field title or value:

',$message['member']['custom_fields'][2]['value'],'

When I ran the print_r to check out the characters custom_fields array I first thought I needed to call the field I wanted by its index number in that array, but that is not the case. They are actually called by which viewable field number they are. So just know you might have to check them from 0+ to figure out what is what. lol.

Edited by Jones

R6MmD.png