2 Days in player has yet to read rules but keeps breaking them

Anonymous

...Would it be wrong for me to NOT tell the person what rule they'd broken and instead ask them to go and find said rule and tell me why they think they've been muted/had threads locked? Normally I tell the user what they've done wrong, they apologize, correct it, and never do it again. It appears from the get-go that this person is going to be a problem. The first thing they asked me when they joined was 'what would happen to my account if I was banned'. Then they proceeded to ask for a character that went against the lore and rules in seven different ways. Now they're just disobeying rules and I can tell that they have yet to read them.

Anonymous poster hash: fc93e...e2c

• I read this! 1

I would link to the rules, tell them politely, but firmly, to read them, and wait. If they say theyve read them already or they refuse to read them, then you might have to say they’d be happier somewhere else. Asking them to tell you what rules they broke sounds like you’re disciplining a child. If they can’t even be bothered to read the rules, you don’t need them.

• Like 1

"As you'll note in our [rules], such and such goes against our board policies. Please take a moment to look over these again!"

Gives them the benefit of the doubt while allowing you to be a bit more stringent with future indiscretions.

• Agree 1

IKiE2z.png

Eeeek that first question alone is just... unnerving.

I'd state like the others mentioned the specific rules, guidelines that were broken and/or overlooked were outlined out for this person. Make sure there is no grey area or ground for the misunderstanding but I'd draw a hard line after that. 

#New bar ad.png

Link them to the rules, cite the exact rule via quote, kindly ask them to read over them and why it is important they do so. See what they do following this and then remove them if behavior proceeds. 

My guess is this is a complete troll based on the bizarre question they chose to lead with. Or they are coming to you, freshly banned from another site. 

signature2small.png.6c6902665e4c91ca15240bd1f4a0bce3.png