Panfandoms - what to expect?

Josie

There is another topic floating around which is sort of dealing with this, but I feel like my question is a bit more broad and I didn't want to hijack the topic with it. So! I'm slowly working on putting together a panfandom forum, and have been pondering whether or not I will ban or discourage any particular fandoms. Currently, I'm thinking I won't. My forum also won't have any applications, which is something I've done with great success in the past and know how to deal with.

I imagine that the issues that must come with certain fandoms is overpowered characters or something along those lines. I am not concerned about letting in OP characters or players because OP characters will be dealt with accordingly via and IC mechanic and with heavy use of IC actions = IC consequences rule. If that doesn't work, I'm fine with giving people the boot. But I also think that's perhaps naive of me, since I'm sure I'm aware of like 0.001% of all fandoms and am therefore unaware of all of the reasons why certain fandoms wound up getting banned by certain sites to begin with. So I wanted to ask you guys- what should I expect? What experiences did you have that made you ban certain fandoms? If you don't ban fandoms outright, but instead ban only characters that fit a certain kind of criteria- what criteria are those for you? I feel that the any responses will help me inform my decision on if I do put any bans in place or not.

Thanks for your time! ❤️

• Replies 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic