When do you remove an affiliate...

Karebear

When do you remove an affiliate that you've added but they've not added you back? I've seen some sites have a 7-day policy and such but seriously when do you draw the line?

• I read this! 1

#New bar ad.png

I call it a day after a week and take them down. I figure they will see it eventually and contact me if they really want an affiliate. If I can edit my own post I may even go as far as to do that and explain it was taken down after so many days and that I am still interested when they get the time. 

• Like 2
  • Love 1

signature2small.png.6c6902665e4c91ca15240bd1f4a0bce3.png

To be honest... I take it down whenever I notice it's not been put up yet! LOL I don't always check back within a week that our button has been added. I just rather assume it has been, and sometimes I check back to see that nope... it's not been. Oh well! I just take it down then. At the most it's a month, because I tend to do at least one affiliate check a month.

• Agree 2
  • LOL 1

Great pointers and Josie, I think we've all been there at one time or another. Thanks all!

• Love 1

#New bar ad.png

Yes, usually 2 weeks or 1 month.

• I read this! 1
  • Like 1

I usually give it two weeks! I usually check back after a week just to see if it's up, then give them another in case they're busy irl. Not everybody checks their affiliate requests very often.

• Like 1
  • Preach it! 1

translunary.gif.5374a61b67b4df1af4bb898e0c039553.gif

a dark, urban fantasy;

inspired by sailor moon

• Admin

I'm sorta with @Josie but I tend to check after about a week mostly because I don't want to advertise sites that don't want to advertise me back. I really don't have a set amount of days to be honest.

I think, in my head, I base it off of the admins activity with advertising. If they have enough time to do link backs etc they should have enough time to pop my button up.

• I read this! 1
  • Like 1

0_mainsignature.jpg

image.png

Profile set made by myself and original Artwork by Fae Merriman, my daughter.

I definitely understand a lot of the valid points above, a few days to a week is most often plenty of time to see a request and get a link back done. HOWEVER, I have been that terrible admin before that gets so lost in one task over any others that I will neglect checking for requests/ads and it has taken me upwards of a month before to see it. In which case I certainly feel awful and realize that they had already taken my button off, which is fine. I just reach out to them to apologize and re-offer the aff.

So this also means that I understand some admins just suck butt at advertisement stuff like myself so if I haven't gotten a response in a few days time I do my best to stalk around and find some sort of social platform to contact them on just to ask. Most of them are always apologetic. If you are seriously interested in affiliating perhaps reach out further?

Crap happens. 🤷‍♀️

• Like 1
  • Love 1

wcc_aff_one.png.ee644d7c84e4471ab7231d79aa59872c.png freerphostaffbutton.png.2c941043f4d1bcb22ada2b22d3e60dfc.png myrpg-affiliate.png.5453a73021a9354b5b772ac4e15f7ef9.png

I'd give it a couple of weeks (folks might be busy and not got around to it yet) and after that I'd remove it. I've sort of given up on affiliating with sites anyway and will now only do it for a site that has helped a great deal for my own, or one that I had a real connection with.

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

• Operations Mod

This is a platform based issue, for me. 

On Jcink, for example, I give about 7 days for a requested affiliate to accept and post my banner. Personally I feel that's too generous, but I keep that policy because - as a few above have stated - I'm not always on top of my own aff requests. Things get hectic. I've unintentionally left aff requests sitting for up to 3 weeks because other, more pressing matters had my attention and I just didn't think to check that thread. At that point, I investigate the site; and if I feel it will be a good advertising potential, I will submit an apology and re-aff request. 

However, my current platform is the same as The Initiative. Because of that, we have a function where Affiliate requests have their button automatically posted into our aff section. In this case I give about 24 hours for the other site to post our banner according to our requested standards. 

• Like 1

bannerlong.png

0_mainsignature (1).jpg

rpgida.png

Icon & Profile set by The Inquisitor of Dragon Age: Absolution