Quick structure thing

Arceus

In Alpha 6, I will probably be starting on the character system. (Ah exciting.) I'll likely be doing small things alongside it, as is typical for me and my ADD-ass, but you know, primary goal by the end of Alpha 6 is to have the character system fully functional. Lofty goal, considering how big an undertaking the CM is by itself BUT YOLO.

Anyway, I'm trying to figure out how to structure it, URL-wise, and how the URLs go alter the file structure for it by necessity. I already know that I've decided characters should be on /character/id-name-here.

I do want the main who's who listing out of the section that has the front-end controls, so I'm thinking maybe /mycharacters and /census?

I was also considering combining the CM auto-list system with Gaia's custom pages system, meaning when you make a page, and add a bio field to it, it will denote itself as an auto-list, and pull relevant information onto itself, in addition to the page content you input. However, the controls for it would be in the page system, not in the CM controls, in the admin panel, and I don't want to make it too confusing. Thoughts?

• Fuck Yeah! 1

nusignature.png nusignature.png

I am the darkness, always watching, always listening, ALWAYS THERE.
(If you're interested in Plain of Ice, message me, it's private. Bleach site, non-canon.)

I am too low-tech to be much help here....

Auto-Lists on the Pages control panel actually makes sense to me because that's kind of what it is -  Although it is generated by whatever CM bio fields the Admin chooses, it makes more sense to me to have it generate its own page so that we can easily make a menu link to that list.

Not sure that makes any sense either but I know what I'm talking about. LOL

Someone somewhere went to sleep and dreamed us all alive.
Dreams get pushed around a lot, and I doubt if we'll survive.
We won't get to wake up, dreams were born to disappear.
And I'm pretty sure that none of us are here.
~ None of Us Here by Jim Stafford ~

sagas-button1.png.467e9214ee1a2d2a24c0030301948c27.png 

RPG-Initiative

*your one-stop RPG resource site!