Hi there!

Moon

I'm Moon, guess I'll get these questions out of the way. 

• How long have you been RPing?
    • Nearly 10 years by now? Holy cow.
  • What are your favorite RP genres?
    • Fantasy! Urban, modern, and all types really.
  • How do you like to RP (Forum, chat, email)?
    • Forums have grown on me in the last two years. Before that it was emails and other sites.
  • What country are you from?
    • USA
  • What is your favorite book, movie or type of music (or all three)?
    • Oh lordie these are hard to narrow down. Books wise I'd have to say the Inheritance Cycle holds a special place in my heart. Love the Lord of the Rings movies. Music? Eh not too picky.
  • What other interest/Hobbies do you have?
    • Larp! I have fun beating up other nerds with foam weapons.

welcome Moon! I wish the Inheritance Cycle had been finished. I felt like I was at the end of one of the LOTR films, fade to black then roll credits. I have friends that enjoy LARP, I just couldn't get into it myself. Too costly it seems. 

spacer.pngDecadence

9 hours ago, Prophetess said:

welcome Moon! I wish the Inheritance Cycle had been finished. I felt like I was at the end of one of the LOTR films, fade to black then roll credits. I have friends that enjoy LARP, I just couldn't get into it myself. Too costly it seems. 

Thanks!

The author just released a new book this year that's set after the events in Inheritance. I found it on Kindle called The Fork, the Witch, and the Worm: Tales from Alagaësia.

Larp wise, the one I go to isn't too costly to attend. Depends on what game you're playing and whatnot from what I've found. 

Welcome to the Initiative @Moon!

I've never heard of the book Inheritance Cycle but just the name sounds rather interesting, I'll have to take a gander at it someday. Personally have also never heard of LARP but that also sounds quite fun actually. Foam swords to beat up my pals? Count me in! Lol

wcc_aff_one.png.ee644d7c84e4471ab7231d79aa59872c.png freerphostaffbutton.png.2c941043f4d1bcb22ada2b22d3e60dfc.png myrpg-affiliate.png.5453a73021a9354b5b772ac4e15f7ef9.png

14 minutes ago, isoldehn said:

Welcome to the Initiative @Moon!

I've never heard of the book Inheritance Cycle but just the name sounds rather interesting, I'll have to take a gander at it someday. Personally have also never heard of LARP but that also sounds quite fun actually. Foam swords to beat up my pals? Count me in! Lol

Thank you!

Ah you might be more familiar with the individual book titles in the series: Eragon, Eldest, Brisingr, Inheritance. The movie doesn't exist 

Larp stands for Live Action Roleplaying. So spending a weekend in the woods with friends and beating on each other with foam swords while running around like idiots can be fun.

As is playing a banshee at said events. 

• Love 1

On that note I feel like I need to obtain more nerd friends, my friends would be like "live action what?" lmao! Sounds absolutely fun!!

wcc_aff_one.png.ee644d7c84e4471ab7231d79aa59872c.png freerphostaffbutton.png.2c941043f4d1bcb22ada2b22d3e60dfc.png myrpg-affiliate.png.5453a73021a9354b5b772ac4e15f7ef9.png

On 3/18/2019 at 12:26 PM, Moon said:

Thanks!

The author just released a new book this year that's set after the events in Inheritance. I found it on Kindle called The Fork, the Witch, and the Worm: Tales from Alagaësia.

Larp wise, the one I go to isn't too costly to attend. Depends on what game you're playing and whatnot from what I've found. 

I'll have to look for that. I've read the others, so this might be a nice change of pace.

I know what you mean. I know a few friends that have gotten into it and really enjoyed it. Sadly my work schedule would never allow it in a million years. One of these days though. For now I have my forum to continue writing and letting my imagination go.

spacer.pngDecadence

• 1 month later...
  • Admin

Welcome @Moon we're glad to have you. That mean you play in amtgard? (Re: larping)

0_mainsignature.jpg

image.png

Profile set made by myself and original Artwork by Fae Merriman, my daughter.

On 5/13/2019 at 7:59 AM, Morrigan said:

Welcome @Moon we're glad to have you. That mean you play in amtgard? (Re: larping)

I don't, but I know a bit of those games.
I play with a group called WAR who run a game using the Accelerent system.

Lightest touch, more RP focused over combat game in my opinion.

Forums have been my home for so long, I have tried so many others venues, but forums are a fun and usually welcoming place to do roleplay!