i drank an 8yo lemonade yesterday it wasnt good

msfoxtrott

Got your attention, didn't I? (I mean, the title's true, but it still served its purpose)

I've been at the whole RP thing for a little over a decade at this point, both on and offline. I got my start on Neopets and sometimes wish I could still RP there. When I'm not studying or working, I'm reading educational articles or wishing I had room for more parrots in my life.

That's about it, I think?

• Cheers 1

spacer.png

I started on neopets too but you couldn't pay me to go back. Well, I mean if the price was right...

Anyway, what sort of parrots do you have? I inherited a super grumpy Red Lorred Amazon a few years ago. He is the meanest thing on the planet but I love him anyway and have the scars to prove it. Weirdly he is great with kids. I have been thinking about getting an Indian Ringneck but man another cage to clean is just too much at this point.

Edited by Jones

operation: bowtruckles & bombs

R6MmD.png

I too have tasted similar lemonade from a young thing. Must say I relate to your pain here.

Anyways, welcome aboard!

• Like 1

wcc_aff_one.png.ee644d7c84e4471ab7231d79aa59872c.png freerphostaffbutton.png.2c941043f4d1bcb22ada2b22d3e60dfc.png myrpg-affiliate.png.5453a73021a9354b5b772ac4e15f7ef9.png

21 hours ago, Jones said:

I started on neopets too but you couldn't pay me to go back. Well, I mean if the price was right...

Anyway, what sort of parrots do you have? I inherited a super grumpy Red Lorred Amazon a few years ago. He is the meanest thing on the planet but I love him anyway and have the scars to prove it. Weirdly he is great with kids. I have been thinking about getting an Indian Ringneck but man another cage to clean is just too much at this point.

You gotta admit, Neopets RP had the same kind of charm a train wreck does, you just can't look away...

I'm actually a foster parront! I help a local organization by fostering parrots til they get adopted. My current baby is a severe macaw who found a home for 8mos before she was returned to the foster agency. ): Luckily, I've worked with her before. I don't envy your Amazon experience, though--those guys are intense! and hilariously good mimickers.

spacer.png

Welcome to the fun and family ❤️

• Like 1

Always believe in yourself and keep going. You don't have to have the most talent in the world. You don't have to be the smartest person in the world. If you persist and you persist and you persist, you will be successful.

Dean Cain

IjdT9HX.png
1x1 Partner Searches | Group Searches

Welcome! And just to satisfy my morbid curiosity, why did you even have eight year old lemonade?

• LOL 1

13 hours ago, LoveRemains said:

Welcome! And just to satisfy my morbid curiosity, why did you even have eight year old lemonade?

I was thirsty! 😞

My boss is moving, so to reduce the clutter in her house, she brought in some canned drinks. (and fake plants?) I popped the tab on one, thinking, surely, she wouldn't bring in ancient pink lemonade. Down the hatch!

It tasted like sour dust and lies. I dumped the rest down the toilet and warned my co-workers.

• Cheers 1

spacer.png

On 3/23/2019 at 7:59 PM, msfoxtrott said:

You gotta admit, Neopets RP had the same kind of charm a train wreck does, you just can't look away...

I honestly believe its why 90% of the drama on forums has never effected me. I was immune when I got here. Thanks Neopets! 🤣

On 3/23/2019 at 7:59 PM, msfoxtrott said:

I'm actually a foster parront! I help a local organization by fostering parrots til they get adopted.

Aw that is awesome! People get them thinking 'oh cute pet' but never really consider how loud and noisy a bird is. Or how long they live! My grandmother adopted our Amazon before I was even born. She never thought about who, if anyone, would want him after she was gone. Luckily for him I am a sucker for animals and let him live his grumpy life whistling away at my kiddos. Getting fat on peanuts.  I'm probably the only non-circus worker in the state that buys raw peanuts. lol. 🤦‍♀️

operation: bowtruckles & bombs

R6MmD.png

• 1 month later...
  • Admin

Welcome @msfoxtrott we're glad to have you. We have another bird person here. @StormWolfe

0_mainsignature.jpg

image.png

Profile set made by myself and original Artwork by Fae Merriman, my daughter.

Hi and welcome @msfoxtrott

It's awesome to see more parrot people here. I have 8 and all but 2 of them are leftovers from when we did rescue and rehab. The ones that remained had severe behavioral issues. We were afraid to put them up for adoption because we figured they wouldn't last in new homes. They are now our Fids (feathered kids). 

We should meet up in the Initiative's Pet People coterie (or start a bird one) - or - head for the rl_pets channel in our Discord!

Someone somewhere went to sleep and dreamed us all alive.
Dreams get pushed around a lot, and I doubt if we'll survive.
We won't get to wake up, dreams were born to disappear.
And I'm pretty sure that none of us are here.
~ None of Us Here by Jim Stafford ~

sagas-button1.png.467e9214ee1a2d2a24c0030301948c27.png 

RPG-Initiative

*your one-stop RPG resource site!