*taps mic awkwardly* Uh. Hi.

wilde

Guess it's finally time I wander in here, huh?

Hey all, I'm Crow! I've been RPing for...idk somewhere around 18/19 years. Got started in Neopets, transitioned to Pern and modern supernatural, then...well, everything under the sun. I wander into and out of forum RP, but I've wandered back in for the time-being, alongside about a hundred other hobbies. I'm also a tabletop veteran with a lot of playtime under my belt, and although I've missed a lot of DnD's most recent Moment, I'm always down to tell dumb RP stories or hook people up with new systems (ask me about Paranoia).

Looking forward to making myself a part of this community!

adbanner.png.4b38d6ac72d72b35b2996e4427adeaa8.png

Welcome @crowfeather! We're glad you found us!

Feel free to join in ongoing discussions in the forums or browse our Coteries to see if there is a club that interests you. RPG Initiative offers many Guides and Resources as well.

I got my start with tabletop roleplay back in the 70s (high school for me) and in online roleplay via Yahoo Groups in the 80s maybe? I really can't remember now. After that, I moved to forums, Nova, and now back to forums! It's great to see another veteran RPer!

Someone somewhere went to sleep and dreamed us all alive.
Dreams get pushed around a lot, and I doubt if we'll survive.
We won't get to wake up, dreams were born to disappear.
And I'm pretty sure that none of us are here.
~ None of Us Here by Jim Stafford ~

sagas-button1.png.467e9214ee1a2d2a24c0030301948c27.png 

RPG-Initiative

*your one-stop RPG resource site!

Welcome Crowfeather!

I started out on Neopets too (Harry Potter). 

When I think back to Neopets I'm confused about why painting a 2-D image was such an obsession of mine...

*shrug*

spacer.png

Hel~lo Oscar Wilde.

Paranoia?

By Wit & Whitby

[Plot] | [Rules] | [Wanted] | [Discord]

18+ | Victorian Era | No App | No Word Count |

PoC & LGBT-friendly | Newbie-friendly

Welcome, crowfeather!

I also started on neopets. Man, those were some good times! 

GbQDuEL.png

16 hours ago, Somniac said:

Hel~lo Oscar Wilde.

Paranoia?

Hello to you too~

So Paranoia is a tabletop RPG in the vein of 40s/50s dystopian sci-fi. You play troubleshooters in a world controlled by Friend Computer. Your name is your goal: find trouble, and shoot it. You are ALSO a member of a top secret underground society with the goal of overthrowing Friend Computer. In fact, EVERYONE is a member of a top secret underground society. Some of you may also be members of fake secret societies designed to undermine the secret societies designed to undermine Friend Computer. In short: trust no one, your only goal is to survive. It isn't a game for everyone and it requires a group of players who are both laid back and good sports about dying (you die frequently in Paranoia), but in the right hands, it is hilarious.

It is generally understood in tabletop games that you, your fellow players, and your GM or DM are all in it together. You might be playing CHARACTERS on opposing sides, but you're all in it for the same goal: to tell an engaging story, and the DM and fellow players will generally make concessions to work toward that occurrence for everyone. Paranoia takes that concept...and throws it out the window. True to its name, it is a game that encourages ONLY looking out for yourself and playing your own character, and the Game Master (in this case, Friend Computer) is actively encouraged to sabotage and undermine every player. 

It was, very nearly, my first tabletop game. I was eleven. I still chuckle at the idea of a bunch of fifth graders playing a game like that together.

PS: Hello to everyone else! Thank you for the welcome, and the Neopets solidarity 😉 

• Love 1

Welcoem to the fun and family!

Favorite table top game, though? And favorite DnD Class?

AND WHYYY?

Always believe in yourself and keep going. You don't have to have the most talent in the world. You don't have to be the smartest person in the world. If you persist and you persist and you persist, you will be successful.

Dean Cain

IjdT9HX.png
1x1 Partner Searches | Group Searches

Favorite tabletop...gosh. That's challenging. I think I'm gonna have to go with Scion Second Edition, even though it's not OFFICIALLY released yet. It really gets everything I like into one place, the mechanics are very streamlined and enjoyable, and it offers an immense amount of flexibility in both play and character creation (plus, I'm all about that American Gods #aesthetic). Second after that is probably DnD 5E or Paranoia. 5E is just beautiful. The parts all move together cleanly, it's not a hike to get started, the mechanics are intuitive...there's a lot to like. It's not without its flaws, but I'm delighted with it so far.

DnD class....hm. It depends! I'm REALLY enjoying my current Warlock and Cleric, and I like what 5E's done to make the classes more balanced and viable (as compared to 3.5, at least). Also a big fan of bards, but frankly I haven't played enough classes in 5E to have a really solid handle on what I like playing the best.

Are you the one from urban wildlife?

Yep, that's me!

1 hour ago, crowfeather said:

Yep, that's me!

Good to see you again. I really liked the concept. 

You too! And thanks - I'm really glad you enjoyed it while it was running. We would have liked to keep it going longer, but we realized we had painted ourselves into a corner with a lot of OOC structural things that weren't working for us. It's definitely on the drawing board to eventually revamp,  but we had to take a break to figure that out. ^-^

4 hours ago, crowfeather said:

You too! And thanks - I'm really glad you enjoyed it while it was running. We would have liked to keep it going longer, but we realized we had painted ourselves into a corner with a lot of OOC structural things that weren't working for us. It's definitely on the drawing board to eventually revamp,  but we had to take a break to figure that out. ^-^

No worries. Just glad you’ve found something to keep you busy  in the meantime. 

Another one from the Neopet cult! 😄 Decidedly, it really initiated many of us!

Welcome aboard then!

oUIk3c.gif
Devil's Tattoo - Clan politics, bikers, urban legends, cougars, wolves, coyotes, badgers and more... 
Plenty of canons available, and OC are more than welcomed as well

On 4/12/2019 at 5:24 PM, D-S said:

Another one from the Neopet cult! 😄 Decidedly, it really initiated many of us!

Welcome aboard then!

Oh the irony of calling Neopets a cult when it's owned by Scientology 😉 But yeah, it definitely got me into RP. Thanks for the welcome!

• LOL 1
  • Preach it! 1