This is something I am actively working on and have a couple of friends currently on the discord and site as it takes form. I am looking for insight, or people who would like to join up for a soft opening. The idea right now is basically the premise/story behind a video game called The Long Dark. The Long Dark is a video game that is placed after the events of a Geomagnetic apocalyptic event in which the world loses all electronic devices, including cars, planes, ships, and everything, and experiences what is basically a new ice age. So many apocalyptic sites focus on zombies, plagues, big civilizations or groups, bandits and raiders. What I'm wanting is a more character driven laid back environment. The whole site is based on a series of islands miles and miles off the canadian coastline, making them completely isolated from the rest of the world, and experiencing an apocalyptic style event that has removed all techology and all ability to communicate with or get to the mainland. Humans only, no huge groups in play, fully mature, laid back atmosphere.

Thoughts? Ideas? Interest?

W9QVrMj.png

BABOS-A laid back survival roleplay-Coming soon!

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Stuff like this really intrigues me because, yes, most survival sites focus on some big baddies or monsters. I like the idea that the environment itself is a character and has personality. Person vs. environment is a great plot device. Have you thought about hosting threads where something happens, like a pack of animals starts closing in on the settlements? Things like that might help keep people engaged if there's no immediate danger they can throw their characters into?

spacer.png

• 3 weeks later...

Man, I've been really digging a good post-apoc themed site lately, and this idea really intrigues me. However, I do have to agree with Snowpines above: unless you have some overarching problem to almost drive the site and characters, it may be a little difficult to get going. I also appreciate that you've basically turned the environment itself into a character, so maybe focus on what that environment is capable of, or lack thereof, that could present challenges for your characters. The no electricity aspect is just one focal point, but to be honest I think that something of this nature has a lot of potential!