Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
StormWolfe

Chronicles of Aereth: A world of magic and myth.

I am here to ask (whine, plead) for feedback and even suggestions.... 

I have two of my sites up and running, they are going along slow but sure. We are now working on rebuilding the third site and, eventually, moving it from the Nova platform to forums ( @Arceus's  Gaia to be exact).

Genre: Gateworld, magic, fantasy.

Setting: An inhabitable moon in a galaxy far far away ;)

Premise: This is harder as we do not have some things totally nailed down yet. I think it would be considered a "sandbox" RPG since we draw elements from our favorite fandoms including LotR, the Andre Norton Witch World novels, various Earth mythologies, and earth history.

Characters can be indigenous to the world, descendants of Earth cultures that were trapped on the world via faulty portals, or newcomers from Earth that have to adjust to Bridd (our world). At this time we will not allow characters from Earth's distant future or aliens (sorry guys, no Vulcans).

There will be magic users and plain old non-magic users with some limits on the magic users to keep it all fair and fun.

The overall story will involve the age-old struggle between the Darkness and the Light (good and not-so-good) with smaller side stories developed by members. We hope to encourage all sorts of quests and adventures once our member base grows to the point where we have enough to run various stories in various locations. Initially, it will be limited as there is only a handful of us.

Planned Races and Cultures

• Empire of Rus: This is a conglomerate of Earth humans that have become trapped over several centuries (millennia - not sure of the timespan as of yet). These cultures will have adapted and evolved over the generations to fit the world they have found themselves in. Yes, plain old humans can become magic-users.
  • Ddraig: Highly evolved and intelligent dragons. They are the eldest of the indigenous races (Bridd had draconidae not dinosaurs). The Ddraig can shapeshift briefly to a bipedal form.
  • Tuatha Dé Danann: The second eldest indigenous race. Long term allies with the dragons.
  • Sidhe (Name likely to change): Perhaps an offshoot of the Tuatha Dé Danann. They contest who is the eldest of the two bipedal races.
  • Dwarrow: A dwarven race.
  • Wyr: A shapeshifting race (mammals and birds only).

Bridd is also a hotbed of ancient critters that never went extinct: the megafauna of prehistoric earth, Krakens (super giant octopuses), Megalodon, terror birds, and another, very nasty offshoot of dragons - the wyverns.

We are in the process of world building and putting together the basic lore. I would love some feedback, suggestions, ideas. I am not canvassing for players, just brainstorming and interest. IF you were inclined to join such an RP, what would lure you in? Feel free to ask questions if you'd like something clarified.

Someone somewhere went to sleep and dreamed us all alive.
Dreams get pushed around a lot and I doubt if we'll survive.
We won't get to wake up, dreams were born to disappear.
And I'm pretty sure that none of us are here.
~ None of Us Here by Jim Stafford ~

sagas-button1.png.467e9214ee1a2d2a24c0030301948c27.png  storm-shelter-button.png.45bd1e928f589f85d55d123de59b43aa.png

RPG-Initiative

*your one-stop RPG resource site!