Troubles in Staff Paradise

Anonymous

I've personally never had issues with my staff members in the past. Every site I've created everyone had fun and didn't fight (the staff anyways). The issue that I'm having now is a relatively newer friend claiming favoritism, feeling left out, and being a third wheel. The thing is, we rp with her and are excited contrary to what she says. She literally has an important character that has a huge plot for in the future but shes hung up on the fact she cant have a love plot with mine. I never told her it was she just assumed and no matter how many times I said no she ended up getting mad at me. Then it appeared to my other staff member that she was sort of attacking her because she would only try to push her character into the plots that she had due to the fact she. The other staff, has the love interest of that one character. There is four staff members, shes hardly done anything since being staff. We've planned things and now shes not doing them in fear of her own disappointment but she doesn't want to leave. The other two staff say dont worry about it. But what if she does this again? Even one of them is just going to cave in and give her a love for a character (despite me doing g that to begin with). I'm literally in distraught. Shes sort of done this before with a friend but I sided with her. Now I feel more terrible before. What do you even do in this situation?

Anonymous poster hash: 82682...c41

Yikes. This sounds intense. So, to clarify, the staff who's Not Doing Anything (NDA) has a character with a love interest that the player who's afraid of being the Third Wheel (TW). For clarification's sake, who sided with who that you feel bad about now?

It's a little hard to follow, but what I can see is that someone seems to be insatiable and possibly possessive of others' characters that she likes.

What happens when you say 'no'? Did it start with the owner appeasing her? Does TW realize she's been steamrolling everyone else to get her way - and if the answer is 'yes,' yikes: is the entertainment she brings really worth the player and staff paralysis from trying not to upset her more?

Sometimes the cost of not rocking the boat is sinking the whole ship.

• Like 1
  • Agree 2
  • Preach it! 1

By Wit & Whitby

[Plot] | [Rules] | [Wanted] | [Discord]

18+ | Victorian Era | No App | No Word Count |

PoC & LGBT-friendly | Newbie-friendly

There are two love plots going on. A duo and a love triangle with the other. The TW is upset cause of the duo plot. She assumed that it was going to be her character. But it was never stated, ever, that hers was the endgame. So now shes upset with that plot. Then she tried to get her character involved with the love triangle, and got made because she felt like a third wheel... when this plot never had her character in it. (Not that she couldn't join) just that hers wasnt the one being faught over by two guys. This is how it all appears. The NDA staff felt she was being attacked due to certain things the girl was doing. It just appeared that way over all. I can see where she may feel "left out" but the problem is we've offered to make someone for her character but because it wasnt on her terms she said no. And continued to conplain... so yes when we told her no she sort of threw a fit. Stoped talking and even give short answers. 

Anonymous poster hash: 82682...c41

In my experience if a fellow staffer isn’t doing anything staff wise, isn’t posting, etc and has not at the same time taking a leave of absence, then they need to not be staff.

This is tricky cause you don’t want to hurt her feelings and she seems a little less confident, but if it were me Id let her know that you love playing with her, but if she wants to be Staff and have important roles she needs to actually fulfill those duties. Don’t offer even the potential for future love plots if you don’t want to do them with her. If she’s just Staff for ships, then she doesn’t need to be Staff. Staff should love the board and want to help it grow and give everyone on a role play a chance to have a good time, not just want to Staff because then they think you have to play kissy kissy with their characters.

• Agree 1

Nah, son. Get her off staff. Judging by what you've said of her behaviour, she's not going to be a positive, helpful member of your staff team. She's just going to make everything worse and cause a bunch of headaches. Right now, she's not doing anything she's supposed to and threw a temper tantrum because things didn't go the way she wanted them to. Those are both red flags and if she stays on staff, my bet would be that it turns into a huge blowout, likely ending in her flouncing off the site. Best for everyone if the damage is kept to a minimum. 

• Agree 1

I agree with the few above, she needs to be asked to step down. I don't know what your dynamics are, or whether you consider yourself equal to the other two staff members - perhaps this could be a group decision? 

Ultimately, do what's best for the board and for yourself. It's very clearly bothering you... seems like things would be better without this person around. 

• Agree 1

rsz_rsz_new1.png

It is the year of the 125th (Winter) Hunger Games. There is no District Thirteen. The Capitol is in complete control and the rest of Panem must obey.
Index // Rules // Plot // Application // Want Ads // Link Back // Discord

• 1 month later...

Don't even get me started on dealing with troublesome staff. I recently had my fair share of that with another rp. Long story short, I got permabanned for copying around three lines of text from a fandom character article and instead of asking me to rewrite them, they claimed plagiarism. Not only that, but they retracted their permissions to use characters they created on other rps within the fandom they were in. There's also some legal threats and in-fandom doxxing, but I'm not gonna go into much detail here. The staff their are just abusing their power and recently they've been swinging around the banhammer more frequently. These kinds of things I would discourage with staff behavior; it's stressful and emotional for those on the receiving end.

Take it from me, 'cause I've been there before.

High functioning autistic

Anime lover

Aspiring artist