Mature Content Sites and Advertising on ProBoards

Guest Bekah

Guest Bekah

This is more of a question than anything. Are forums for members aged 18+ allowed to advertise on ProBoards forums? There are a number of forums I'd love to advertise on, but I'm worried about the consequences for those forums if I did post my advertisement. We have mature content on my forum, but it's not the sole focus of the forum like a BDSM site, for example.

Apologies if this has already been asked, I tried looking for an answer yesterday and I couldn't find one.

• Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Popular Days

Guest Bekah
Just now, SithLordOfSnark said:

People have been spreading the rumor that 18+ sites are not allowed to be advertised on Proboards for years.

I solely run 18+ sites with the majority of content being mature and I've been advertising on Proboards since I started adminning, and while SOME sites have deleted my ads and yelled at me, the majority don't, because it's not actually against their TOS for them to be advertised.

In fact, Proboards even has a paid option that allows mature content sites  on their service that came into affect in like 2017 or 2018.

Brilliant, thank you!

I was looking over their ToS yesterday and I couldn't find anything that stated it wasn't allowed, but I wasn't too sure. Thanks for clearing up my suspicion's that it was probably a rumour going around.