How do you Prefer your Rps to be Dropped?

KhFanWriter9

Do you prefer someone to just disappear forever as their way of dropping your rp?

Do you prefer people to just tell you to your face  that they're dropping your rp?

Or do you prefer either one?

Give us your thoughts.

I prefer just being told to my face so to speak, but everyone chooses to just disappear on me.

• Like 3

One Skys Icon 3.png

Venture Your Desires Under One Sky

An MultiGenre / MultiFandom Adult 18 Plus place where content is both clean, and adult like. Chat, Rp, and other things.

http://venture-your-desires-under-one-sky.116480.n8.nabble.com/

Adult Only

Tags: Adult/Arotic,Clean Content,Roleplay,Writing,

Definitely prefer to be told. I understand that things come up and it can be a hard conversation to have, but given the choice - I want to know what to expect.

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

By Wit & Whitby

[Plot] | [Rules] | [Wanted] | [Discord]

18+ | Victorian Era | No App | No Word Count |

PoC & LGBT-friendly | Newbie-friendly

I'm a mixed bag with this. I like to be told if it seems relevant. Like... if we have been fading out in communication for 3 months, we haven't replied in far longer than our normal posting speed, you don't need to tell me. If we talk every day and then you vanish, I will assume something horrible happened and stress out hard (more about my rp buddy's well being than about the rp).

• Like 1
  • Agree 2
tumblr_ovxhy4cZLY1wtsmmno3_r1_100.jpg

It's nice to get a note so I'm not just waiting forever but I don't really expect them. 

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

Reality is an illusion. 

I am used to people joining and then going poof. However, I'd prefer being told that they've decided to leave. They can do it privately - or, if they keep it nice - they can post on the site or in Discord. It would be nice to know why so we can address any issues and improve our sites. Bottom line, just being told is enough though.

• Agree 1
  • Preach it! 2

Someone somewhere went to sleep and dreamed us all alive.
Dreams get pushed around a lot, and I doubt if we'll survive.
We won't get to wake up, dreams were born to disappear.
And I'm pretty sure that none of us are here.
~ None of Us Here by Jim Stafford ~

sagas-button1.png.467e9214ee1a2d2a24c0030301948c27.png 

RPG-Initiative

*your one-stop RPG resource site!

I want to be told. I was told that people joined, so it is normal to be told when they leave too, not to wait for an answer indefinitely. A polite conversation about the stories involving the characters of the leaving person is also necessary, because they leave, but the stories remain, and preferably there should be a common agreement how the things further evolve.

• Agree 1

I definitely prefer to be told.  As an admin, we tend to try to be patient and respectful of busy people as much as possible so if they are occupying canons, etc.  It definitely sucks to wait when we could be out trying to advertise more and get roles filled so we can continue stories dependent on particular characters (we do work arounds of course, but it would still be nice).   We'd also certainly like to know if something has rubbed the person the wrong way in regards to the site.  But in general, to me it's just become a matter of courtesy at this point.  I understand why people ghost,  but man given our loose activity requirements it can be quite problematic to wait.  On a personal level, I definitely would want to be informed as well.  I will wait forever for people, I'd rather not if they have no intention of returning.  

Anonymous poster hash: 004cb...f0a

• Preach it! 1

I do find it really frustrating when people just ghost, and so prefer to be told. I know it can be awkward, but a polite 'this site isn't for me, but thank you!' or 'life is a bit busy right now, but I had a great time etc' really do make a difference. When you take on a wanted or a site canon and have plots with people, I think it is only courteous to let your plotting partners know. After all, some things can't be retconned and so you're changing your RP partners' experience/potentially their enjoyment of a site!

• Agree 3

Join us in the 12th Century, on Saints Sleep:

Sig.png

I also write on the brilliant AeRo!
B8CB4x.png

I don't give a shit. If someone hasn't posted to me in a month, with no LOA or communication, they don't need to tell me they're leaving - I already know. If they're active and stop replying, I assume something wasn't kosher with the site and they wanted to duck out without fuss, or they got too busy irl and didn't have the time to really wrap things up. I'm not going to hold it against them unless we've been on several sites together and they have a habit of flaking out on every site they join within a month. Honestly, the only time I care is if someone bitches at me for reopening a want ad after they seem to have vanished. 

• Agree 1
  • Preach it! 2

• Admin

Can I say I don't like that my RPs be dropped at all?

If I had to choose though I would prefer that the person at least reach out and provide me with a wrap up or some sort of information that I can use IC. It's the same thing that I ask of people that are posting but slowly and could be holding up a plot in another thread that is moving faster. "How does this thread wrap up?" or "What is the state of the relationship when they leave?" etc. Give me closure to give me peace.

• Preach it! 2

0_mainsignature.jpg

image.png

Profile set made by myself and original Artwork by Fae Merriman, my daughter.

Author comment

Wow more people say to tell them then  just disappearing on them.

On fanfiction.net some admins had made a wait limit for claiming stuff if the person disappears. Often though those forums aren't joined  much.

Maybe the fear of a bad reaction is why most people choose to just disappear. 

• Agree 1

One Skys Icon 3.png

Venture Your Desires Under One Sky

An MultiGenre / MultiFandom Adult 18 Plus place where content is both clean, and adult like. Chat, Rp, and other things.

http://venture-your-desires-under-one-sky.116480.n8.nabble.com/

Adult Only

Tags: Adult/Arotic,Clean Content,Roleplay,Writing,

For me, it depends on the circumstances.

As an admin, I'd prefer to be told if you don't want to play a character anymore just so that I can keep everything up to date and make sure my players know who is available and who isn't. I come primarily from a LJ/DW background, and most games have a dedicated drop post; I'm not sure if that's so much a thing on forum RP. Drops are very, very common in the journal RP sphere, though, and in general, people don't get too fussed by them.

For private, one-on-one RP, typically there's pretty good communication, so I prefer a head's up if I'm still active but the other person isn't feeling it anymore. I don't take it personally. If we're both really slow, or it just sputters out, I just don't really worry about it. I've gone actual years between active periods on threads with my close friends.

As for playing in games, if it's related to significant plot or my character's development, then I think it's a courtesy to reach out so that we can decide on what happened even if we don't play it out. If you don't feel like continuing to actually write the thread, I don't mind; I just want to know where it ended up so I can move on. If it's a casual, chatty type thread, I don't care; those types of threads are my least favorite and usually least consequential for my characters. Assuming the fade to black is fine.

Overall, though, I don't really worry about it too much. People have lives, sometimes they lose interest for reasons they don't even understand. Shit happens.

• Agree 1