Where do you find custom art for your characters?

Jaxx

Pretty much what it says on the tin. I want to get a custom ref for a shapeshifter character of mine and I really have no idea where to start looking. All the graphics shops I've seen on resource sites are for manips only rather than hand drawn types. I've got the perfect face claim for the human side of him, but I'd like to have a visual ref for the dinosaur form. Partly because some writers are visual people and partly because I wanna show him off more. 

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Operations Mod

I'd suggest finding a DeviantArt artist who's taking commissions, and has a style that you enjoy. Granted, some artists are pretty expensive. 

What kind of dinosaur does he shift into?

bannerlong.png

0_mainsignature (1).jpg

rpgida.png

Icon & Profile set by The Inquisitor of Dragon Age: Absolution

22 minutes ago, Dragon said:

I'd suggest finding a DeviantArt artist who's taking commissions, and has a style that you enjoy. Granted, some artists are pretty expensive. 

What kind of dinosaur does he shift into?

Utahraptor. He originated in an AU post-canon Jurassic Park roleplay so he's a bit more scaly than feathery from all the genetic meddling, but you gotta love a dinosaur. 

• Operations Mod

7 minutes ago, Jaxx said:

Utahraptor. He originated in an AU post-canon Jurassic Park roleplay so he's a bit more scaly than feathery from all the genetic meddling, but you gotta love a dinosaur. 

Indeed. The dino's are awesome. 

I might be able to help here, though. I'm decent with dinosaur/dragon type creatures.

wyverndraft.jpg

bannerlong.png

0_mainsignature (1).jpg

rpgida.png

On 5/18/2019 at 11:57 AM, Dragon said:

Indeed. The dino's are awesome. 

I might be able to help here, though. I'm decent with dinosaur/dragon type creatures.

wyverndraft.jpg

I'm late getting back to you, but I'd appreciate it, if you're still willing!

Twitter is a good place to find artists who are taking commissions, for future use.

Glub glub.

• Operations Mod
On 5/22/2019 at 2:27 AM, Jaxx said:

I'm late getting back to you, but I'd appreciate it, if you're still willing!

Sure! I need to get back to drawing more. 

Feel free to zip me a PM with a description and/or any similar ref images you might have, and I'll see what I can do! 

bannerlong.png

0_mainsignature (1).jpg

rpgida.png

• 3 weeks later...

While it's only paid, I tend to use Sketchmob.com

There's quite a few artists there that have very good price/quality, and I've never not found an artist for what I needed.

Always believe in yourself and keep going. You don't have to have the most talent in the world. You don't have to be the smartest person in the world. If you persist and you persist and you persist, you will be successful.

Dean Cain

IjdT9HX.png
1x1 Partner Searches | Group Searches