Hello from my trash can

Keaton

Hello my people, I am finally doing this after only lurking for about two years!

I'm Keaton, and I've been roleplaying in some capacity for a ridiculously long time. I'm old. So old, you guys.

For the majority of that time, I've been in games on first LiveJournal, and then its clones like Dreamwidth, which some of you may know can be a very different flavor of RP from forums. But that's good because the game I currently run on DW is in its endgame, and I'm looking for something a little different from the hobby.

Most of the games I've been in have been pan-fandom, which I know is somewhat rare elsewhere but are huge in that whole LJ/DW scene. Way back in the day, though, I started out in single-fandom games like Harry Potter, Marvel, etc. I've run several games, some for a hefty amount of time. This latest has been 3 years, but prior to that my adminning record was 8.

Currently, I'm (very) slowly working on my first skin for MyBB, because the full-tilt potential of forum software and its front-end design really excites me like the web design nerd I am. I've been designing in the very restrictive LJ/DW space for so long, I'm kind of overwhelmed by the possibilities.

Apart from that, I love the craft of writing, and like so many people in this hobby, I'm working on a novel (or two). My degree is in film studies, so I love doing a deep dive into visual media, too. I am lucky enough to work from home, so I get to wear pajama pants all day, and my main life goal now that I'm old as balls is just to be patient and kind with folks even when it's hard.

I don't see a preview button so I am going to submit this and hope I didn't screw it up!

• Admin

You don't see a preview button because what you see is what you get love. Welcome to the Initiative! We're glad to have you @Keaton

• Love 1

0_mainsignature.jpg

image.png

Profile set made by myself and original Artwork by Fae Merriman, my daughter.

1 minute ago, Morrigan said:

You don't see a preview button because what you see is what you get love. Welcome to the Initiative! We're glad to have you @Keaton

Well that would make sense! I'm so used to HTML editors that WYSIWYG didn't even occur to me, derp.

Thank you! ❤️

• Love 1

Welcome, @Keaton! Working from home is one of my goals, I used to for a small period of time. I honestly miss it, I always felt I was more productive. Haha, I look forward to seeing you around the board. 🙂 

• Love 1

“There's a scream permanently lodged in my throat now.”
― Michelle McNamara

I wish you luck on making your first skin! I used to write on LiveJournal as well and I do miss it from time to time, but Archive is my new home 

• Love 1

• Admin

lol @Keaton yeah it's an adjustment for a lot of people in the commuity so used to having to enter their own HTML or BBCode.

• Love 1

0_mainsignature.jpg

image.png

Profile set made by myself and original Artwork by Fae Merriman, my daughter.

@StormyWays13

Working from home is really the best, isn't it?? It would drive my husband crazy, he's a huge extrovert, but I'm like, the more I can confine my interaction with people to online, the better haha. Also, A+++ on the Beetlejuice avatar.

@Topher

LJ and its clones are such a different environment; I'm glad I'm not the only one with experience over there, haha. I'm sure I'll get nostalgic, but I'm super excited to try something new.

@Liannisahhhh people who will understand my strange proclivities and language lol

It's going to take a looooong time for me to not have to stop, back up, and replace the word "canon" with "fandom" to avoid confusion

• LOL 1

• Operations Mod
22 hours ago, Keaton said:

I am lucky enough to work from home, so I get to wear pajama pants all day

Well paint me jealous af lol! 

We're glad to hear from ya after such a long lurk streak! 

• Fuck Yeah! 1
  • Love 1

bannerlong.png

0_mainsignature (1).jpg

rpgida.png

Icon & Profile set by The Inquisitor of Dragon Age: Absolution

@DragonThank you! This is honestly such a fantastic site. I've been pondering this switch for myself awhile, and you guys have really helped.

• You're Welcome 1

Working from home in my pajamas is totally a #lifegoal. I have been able to enjoy a year or two here and there in the past, but it has yet to become my career endgame, so to speak. LOL.

I have enjoyed modifying and building my own phpBB forum site, so I totally understand the double-edged sword sensations of victory and frustration! 

• Love 1

Thorns: Uprising
A Unique Victorian Fantasy Play-by-Post RPG

LORE | FORUM | CHARACTER CENSUS | WANTED ADS | DISCORD