Hello friends!

Squid

Hi! As you can see, I'm just a wee bab here, I've come to make my awkward introduction.

I've RP'd for about 14 years-- solid. Started out using AIM to RP privately with a small group of friends from my middle school, then I tried different platforms, and now I'm pretty exclusively on discord with various themes, mostly fantasy and anime, I suppose.

However! I recently am in the process of attempting to build a cozy little RP forum. 😀

And that's why I'm here! I have no idea what I'm doing, we all have to start somewhere!

That aside, I have a couple hobbies other than RPing, I am a musician of 22 years, a gamer my entire life, and a professional artist! Well-- on the side. 
Oh, also I really love cats. 😻

So yes, thank you for having me! And thank you for having such a lovely, and useful site~

Something once lost can never be returned.

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello! Welcome to the Initiative! I love your avatar. It's so cute! Did you draw it? 

I also really love cats. <3 I have a host of them (4 indoor, 1 outdoor stray that's legally ours now) along with a pair of guinea pigs. It sounds like you have a lot of artistic hobbies outside of RP. I'm a little jealous. I used to draw once upon a time but dropped it several years ago. Tried picking it up again recently but I feel so rusty. I wish it felt like it used to. 

ANYWAY. What kind of music do you create? And what are your favorite games? 

Reality is an illusion. 

Thank you! It's a pleasure to be here! 💕

Unfortunately, I did not draw my avatar, I just happened to have it on hand when I made my profile. xD

I work at a vet hospital, so I ended up with four cats, all indoor, and three of them have medical conditions... we're a zoo! 

I play piano, I took formal lessons for about 12 years (from age 4 until 16/17), now I teach a little on the side. Just recently bought a new digital piano and I'm so excited! 

I play a little of everything, I tend to lean towards things with open worlds-- mostly RPG's and little random ones like Harvest moon and Animal crossing, whatever catches my eye! I also love MMO's, like Elder Scrolls Online, Final Fantasy 14 and Blade and Soul. I like a game even more if I can mod it! 😁

Are you into any games? 😮

Hi, welcome! Consider this my cat love solidarity fistbump. I've also jumped over here from a totally different type of RP experience and am working on my first forum skin, so I fully understand the not quite knowing what I'm doing feeling. This site has seriously been a godsend on so many levels when it comes to getting my footing.

Is the forum you're building a game?

Hello fellow cat lover! 😀 Lovely to meet you!

I suppose it is! I'm trying to make it simulate that sort of experience, I want the idea to be a world where people are born into families of RPG classes-- such as Mages, Warriors, Rogues, etc. in a monster infested land. Some RPG classes would get special rights and whatnot over others, which could add a little tension between characters.
Of course the player picks what class their character is, but whether the character is okay with what they have ended up being is another thing. I'm still trying to gather my ideas for a battle system, leveling and whatnot!

Hi @Squid

Welcome to the Initiative! We're glad you joined us.

We have lots of aids and guides for RPers. If you cannot find the answers you need, ask in the appropriate forum. Someone will likely have an answer for you or tell you where you can find it.

I also have cats (3) and 8 parrots.

Someone somewhere went to sleep and dreamed us all alive.
Dreams get pushed around a lot, and I doubt if we'll survive.
We won't get to wake up, dreams were born to disappear.
And I'm pretty sure that none of us are here.
~ None of Us Here by Jim Stafford ~

sagas-button1.png.467e9214ee1a2d2a24c0030301948c27.png 

RPG-Initiative

*your one-stop RPG resource site!

Welcome squid!  I started off on AOL and AIM too!  man when I say it I always feel my age.  :)  Can't wait to see what you have for the directory!  

absinthebanner.jpg

You can find me at: 

absintheaffiliate.gif spacer.png DuellumAffiliate.jpg.300504c568bebb615a1863c5d5947415.jpg static-historicalrp.jpg.25bcabc927a0bcaa

Thank you very much, guys! 

I hope to make myself at home here soon. 😊

Welcome! It's always great to see so many creative individuals on the site. Also great to see another FFXIV player. I Main Bard on Balmung. Are you excited about Shadowbringers?! I know I am!

I am! Though it has been quite a while since I last played... my buddy and I have been on a kick trying to find a good MMO to get back into, and I may have to bring that one up. Might be worth starting fresh on a new character build!

• Admin

Welcome to the Initiative @Squid nice plethora of game types! We're glad to have you.

0_mainsignature.jpg

image.png

Profile set made by myself and original Artwork by Fae Merriman, my daughter.