[Solved] Account Switcher not switching?

kria

I'm setting up my first site that's not built on a service that only includes pre-installed plugins and while I've installed plugins onto a MyBB site via cpanel/file manager before, its usually gone pretty smoothly. But it feels like I'm banging my head against the wall with this one.

I'm trying to use doylecc's Enhanced Account Switcher (http://doylecc.altervista.org/bb/downloads.php?dlid=4&cat=1) and it seems like its updated all the templates, but it just won't let me switch my accounts from anywhere (header, memberlist, new post, quick reply)

I've checked to make sure all files are installed, checked I have the newest version, uninstalled and reinstalled, but nothing has worked.

Please help.

here be monsters.

This may seem obvious, but just to rule it out: You do have your accounts connected, yes?

When you say it won't let you switch, do you mean you're seeing the option to switch and it's not functioning when you click it, or that you're not seeing the option at all?

I find that this plugin runs into some issues with displaying properly on certain themes, and sometimes breaks parts of the theme, requiring going into the template to adjust the places where it's broken the code. I personally have had more success with using the sidebar switcher than in other areas on my theme, as it's just a fixed overlay that can be easily enough styled and doesn't conflict with any fiddly bits of the theme.

• Agree 1

Yes, the AES is a PITA to work with sometimes.

In addition to the above, does it work with the default mybb theme? Is this a fresh install of the mybb or is it old? If it's old, have you updated mybb?

• Agree 1

sig.png.30b42565d04d922988370bf14e1447bc.png

PSI: an Occult Investigations RP

Roleplay Architects: Grab a friend (or many friends!) and just write.

You can also find me at:

static-historicalrp.jpg  B8CB4x.png rpabutton.png

Mm, my accounts have been connected, and they're showing up as connected everywhere. When I click to switch, I get the #switch link but no action.

My MyBB install was made within the week, though i think it was yesterday that the acp started to give me the following message: You are currently running MyBB 1.8.20 whilst the latest generally available release is MyBB 1.8.21(1821).

I don't have the default theme on my forum, though I'll add one up asap to see what happens.

The i noticed today that the dropdown list in the memberlist also isn't working, so the issue could possibly be js related? I do have some errors in the console relating to js, and I'll pop those in here once I can get to my computer.

here be monsters.

Yeah, definitely add a default theme. It's very useful in diagnosing issues. If for example, the thing works when you're on the default theme, you know that the issue is with the theme. If it still doesn't work, we know there's another issue to look at.

I look forward to seeing the console.

If you're able, a link to your site is also very helpful.

Another thing you can check in the meantime. Is indeed, make sure you are indeed running the latest javascript.

Templates > Ungrouped Templates > headerinclude

<script type="text/javascript" src="{$mybb->asset_url}/jscripts/jquery.js?ver=1820"></script>
<script type="text/javascript" src="{$mybb->asset_url}/jscripts/jquery.plugins.min.js?ver=1820"></script>
<script type="text/javascript" src="{$mybb->asset_url}/jscripts/general.js?ver=1820"></script>

You can also find me at:

It does switch on default theme, yes!

Console errors on the custom theme are as following:

Uncaught ReferenceError: jQuery is not defined
    at jquery.plugins.min.js?ver=1821:1
(anonymous) @ jquery.plugins.min.js?ver=1821:1
general.js?ver=1821:781 Uncaught ReferenceError: jQuery is not defined
    at general.js?ver=1821:781
(anonymous) @ general.js?ver=1821:781
(index):81 Uncaught ReferenceError: $ is not defined
    at (index):81
(anonymous) @ (index):81
as_script.min.js?v=2109:1 Uncaught ReferenceError: $ is not defined
    at as_script.min.js?v=2109:1
(anonymous) @ as_script.min.js?v=2109:1

Turns out I also don't get console errors when using the default. I did a quick copy-paste of the headerinclude from the default to my custom and that didn't fix it; just thought I'd give that a try. 

The site is korinthian-rpg.com

I'll leave it on the custom theme for the moment.

What would my best cause of action be? I'm happy to rebuild my custom theme if that's needed.

Thank you for the help.

Edited by kria

here be monsters.

In your headerinclude you have 

<script src="https://kit.fontawesome.com/864ed00c08.js">

It needs </script> after it.

So

<script src="https://kit.fontawesome.com/864ed00c08.js"> </script>

See if that helps!

• Fuck Yeah! 1

You can also find me at:

Oh my god, thank you. All fixed ❤️

• You're Welcome 1

here be monsters.