"Guilty pleasure" TV shows

Morrigan

• Admin

So we all have them. That guilty pleasure that you can just sit down and veg out to all day. What is yours?

I'd have to say Xena and Hercules are two of my favorites. Black Mirror is up there. I've been known to binge watch Charmed (original) and Supernatural occasionally.

What are yours?

0_mainsignature.jpg

image.png

Profile set made by myself and original Artwork by Fae Merriman, my daughter.

• 8 months later...

Definitely Charmed and Supernatural. I feel like I've outgrown actually watching supernatural shows, but at the same time I honestly won't say no if they are on TV. I prefer earlier episodes of Supernatural though, as late episodes didn't really hold my interest. (I'm still stuck on Season 13.)

My real guilty pleasures, though? Ridiculousness and Catfish: The TV Show. I don't even care for Rob Dyrdek much (though he doesn't look half bad for his age), and by all that is holy I cannot stand Chanel West Coast's laugh, but the videos... My TV often chooses MTV to start on for the day (even if I left it on ID or TRVL, and that's how I ended up watching them most of the time.

Catfish because I've been catfished before, and my brother's soon-to-be ex-wife basically just cons guys by catfishing them. It's a sick fascination that I can't seem to shake.

• Preach it! 1

• 1 month later...

I really really really love those short reality shows like Botched 😂 it's gnarly and horrendous at times but I kinda love it.  

I also really can't get enough Dr. Phil. It's trash but its such good trash.

And same, Grimscythe - Catfish 100%. 

• Fuck Yeah! 1

Super stoked admin at

DIRECTORYAD.gif

• Operations Mod

I've binged most of Beastars since I discovered it over the weekend. Usually anime is a no-go for me but this one is pretty good. Zootopia with adult philosophical themes. 

bannerlong.png

0_mainsignature (1).jpg

rpgida.png

Icon & Profile set by The Inquisitor of Dragon Age: Absolution

I love those TLC 'look at this weirdo!' kind of shows (Hoarders, Extreme Cheapskates, My Strange Addiction, etc). I always justify it as doing character research 👀 for roleplay/general writing, but no... They're just addictive... I love seeing how other people go about their lives, even if it is in a made-for-tv format lol

Candide: An original dystopian RPG

Tbh, I watch a lot of TV shows (I'm not really into films, so tend to just ... binge TV series all the time), and many of those are supernatural-themed. The thing is, I don't feel in the least bit guilty about watching them. The stuff I do feel bad about watching are the limited reality TV stuff I like: America's Next Top Model, Project Runway, Masterchef Australia, My Kitchen Rules Australia ... I *know* these things will rot my brain, and yet XD

My biggest 'guilty pleasure' show is Ghost Adventures. I love the paranormal and things like ghosts, cryptids, etc. 

And if it counts, The 10th Kingdom is one of my favorite things to spend a whole day watching.

• Preach it! 1

test2.png

Guidebook | Want Ads | Canon List

RPG-D Member's Choice Winner

Harry Potter 2020

• 1 month later...
On 4/26/2020 at 10:25 PM, sightedwolf said:

My biggest 'guilty pleasure' show is Ghost Adventures. I love the paranormal and things like ghosts, cryptids, etc. 

And if it counts, The 10th Kingdom is one of my favorite things to spend a whole day watching.

I LOVE the 10th Kingdom! It's hard to find other fans, but we're out here.  "What should we do, braid it?"

Currently my binge favorite is The Great, a new tv show very loosely based off of Catherine the Great on Hulu. I gobbled that first season down in a few days, but kind of feel guilty about it.

I've also gone down the rabbit hole with a new binge of Gossip Girl, mostly to shake my head at the ridiculousness.

• Love 2

yi1tXyG.jpg

spacer.png

• 2 months later...
Guest Moxxi

Right now my biggest guilty pleasure is the Real Housewives of Atlanta. I've been binging the series on Hulu. 

Charmed, ghost hunting shows, sinbad/xena/hercules, heartbeat (yorkshire 60s brit show), agatha christie poirot/marple, stranger things, few others....

[10th kingdom is nice, just adding]

• Love 1

spacer.png

Kdramas. Kdramas for days. I have a very hard time getting myself to stop watching once I've started one. 

Also- Supernatural, Umbrella Academy, Sherlock.

I also have a binging problem when it comes to tv...so really just about anything that holds my interest. I just recently watched all of Cursed in like one go. 

ALSO ALSO- Buzzfeed Unsolved: Supernatural.

• Cheers 1

Anything reality t.v. >.<  

And also re-watching my favorite shows over and over.