As a member what would you like to see more of in the RP Community?

Morrigan

Message added by Morrigan

Less nitpicking from admins. 

• Agree 1
  • Fuck Yeah! 2
  • LOL 1

Reality is an illusion. 

Less putting things in the rules just because it's in "everyone's" rules while clearly not understanding what the term even means (or... deliberately ignoring that the rules apply to them). 'cause there's nothing like watching staff break the rules in the most blatant ways possible. As a member, that's one of my biggest turn offs.

• Agree 1
  • Preach it! 3

affiliatebutton.png

Some must be warriors that others may live in peace.

I agree with the above. I love to see people play villain/antagonists roles who just go for it ya know.  I am currently playing one now and it is a blast. Granted she is a tad crazy, but that is the fun in it! 

And to add to the discussion...

A welcoming community where the staff asks the members opinions/their ideas on certain things (.i.e a site I was on asked about profile applications vs traditional, they polled the members). I love a collaborative community. 

spacer.png

SCI-FI ORIGINAL RPG

I honestly am not a big fan of "only allowing so many characters to be created before needing posts done".  I myself get bored with one character 1 day and want to try something else.  Or I have a huge muse burst and want to try something.  This does not mean I want to go make 20 characters right off the bat, I'm not that insane.  I just hate the restrictions, making me feel confined and I don't like that.  If there wasnt' the rule, I wouldn't feel so bound by the rule and free to let my muse run rampant.  If someone wants to create things fine, but they need to be able to keep them active.  Have other rules that pertain to the characters.  But don't hinder us either.

Better communication. Not just with admins but also with writing partners and other typists.

Less every darn character looking to hook up with every bad boy character on the forum. I feel for those poor typist

Rules that are both detailed enough to be useful tools, and also user friendly because not everyone is right off the bat familiar with different systems

Writers who are concernered with enjoying the hobby and not looking for therapists in every admin.

I am sure there is more but those were first on my head.

• Love 2
  • Preach it! 2

spacer.png

As a member, I find it a welcoming wonder when a community is more involved. It's not fun going into a forum where only a few of the members are talking and the same members are only writing with themselves. My friend and I call those "circles," groups of people who would only write with each other and not branch out to new players. I think I have seen use of the word "clique" here too, so hope y'all know what I mean.

I also want to see more creativity and uniqueness in characters and posts. It's kind of depressing when you go into a thread expecting something different but then you find it so predictable. Not gonna lie, when I would write with myself with the 14 characters I did find quite a lot of unpredictability. It's like the characters took the helm and steered in their own directions. For instance, I never intended for one of my characters to go temporarily blind from blunt force trauma. Now he's poised to become a seer once he gets his sight back. Another instance I never expected was for another character to die and become a banshee (customized for the forum, of course.) I never expected the headmistress of a school to be a mother with an estranged and jealous ex who would do -anything- to get her back, even using dark magic to do so. It's the random things that come up that I enjoy so much and that's what I mean by more creativity and uniqueness.

Courirnu // original small-town rp

Instead of disciplining one individual or just telling them to fuck off, when staff make rules/restrictions to punish/limit specific individuals and in the process screw everyone else over.

I'd love to see more people approaching others with solid ideas. Or even vague ideas. More than "omg they should thread." Give us something! "Oh, what if they met at a bar because my character spills their drink all over yours?"

• Preach it! 2

• Admin

Dictionary type listings on sites that have custom words or call locations by other names. Trying to get a feel for a new site with a lot of custom terminology is hell and makes one feel behind or confused and asking for help sometimes make you feel embarrassed because you couldn't find the answer yourself.

• Love 2

0_mainsignature.jpg

image.png

Profile set made by myself and original Artwork by Fae Merriman, my daughter.

16 hours ago, Morrigan said:

Dictionary type listings on sites that have custom words or call locations by other names. Trying to get a feel for a new site with a lot of custom terminology is hell and makes one feel behind or confused and asking for help sometimes make you feel embarrassed because you couldn't find the answer yourself.

This, or something similar, should almost be a requirement on original worlds. Or at least an "Also known as" section in informative areas.

A bit more chill.

I left a forum very recently because of reasons, some of them stemming from zero chill. The amount of hand wringing and fussing because of what could go wrong! There were  some limitations that didn't make sense in lore (not the kind to prevent OP characters) so were probably just there because of what might go wrong. The nitpicking from staff and established members was endless.

It was such a shame because it was an interesting setting with so much that you could potentially play with... But a bit of chill would have been wonderful.

• Preach it! 2

sig.png.30b42565d04d922988370bf14e1447bc.png

PSI: an Occult Investigations RP

Roleplay Architects: Grab a friend (or many friends!) and just write.

You can also find me at:

static-historicalrp.jpg  B8CB4x.png rpabutton.png

• 3 weeks later...