to the fine people of this community

Alphaess

I've started roleplaying around the age of twelve (More or less eight years of experience as of 2019) on a site called Chicken Smoothie and it helped me grow and improve the English I've more or less learnt via movies and video games, me being English-second-language. Fret not! My English is quite on par with most of those born in an English speaking country. 

Did I mention I love video games (like man, if you have any online Steam games you're looking a mate to play with, hit me up this instant)? Yeah, that's one of my defining points. Other than that, I really enjoy art but that also happens to be my calling and my 'job'. I'm currently in college studying art, my second year is coming up but I'm quite free during the summer.  I'm twenty, by the way, feel free to call me Ash, Ashlyn or Alphie (or whatever you see fit, really, I'm open to new nicknames).

When it comes to RP, I'm quite into world building and a little obsessed on details and would quite like doing things in my own universe - even though, fandom based ones are also a-okay for me. I mostly do fantasy elements, I like steampunk, medieval, dungeons-and-dragons-esque, pirates and mercreatures, sorta biblical supernatural stuff (think Vampire: the Masquerade style), mythological based (I'm somewhat knowledgeable on the subject since I'm studying that at college too but still learning. I like Norse, Egyptian and a little Greek. I'm most knowledgeable at the latest but don't enjoy the fact that 90% of it is 'ZEUS NO' Zeus: 'Zeus yes'), video game based, and many more I can't think of.  I usually don't roleplay animals (as main characters) anymore but I might be interested in it once more if you have something specific in mind + pets and side characters are also a fair game.

I'm also very kinky when it comes to smutty stuff if it ever happens c;

My longest lasting Roleplay is still ongoing on it's fourth or fifth year, I believe? Me and my one on one partner had written enough to fill several books. One day we hope to turn it into an actual novel series, too, maybe?  My username is also the main character of that Roleplay.

Hopefully, this site will be better than the last one I was involved with which included so much drama that I've been called things by people I have never even spoken to or done free art for just because they didn't like my closest friend and roleplay partner.

In addition some of the answers that were not answered above:

• I almost exclusively RP on forum though I might  be convinced into shorter Discord posts. Just ask me 😄
  • Turkey, born and raised.
  • My favourite book of all times would be... hmm, I guess a nice little story trilogy I used to love as a child 'bout two kids and a bandit (who at third book redeems himself the same book where the dogs turns into a crocodile haha) that's troubling them with a touch of fantasy things thrown in. I really don't know the English translated name for it but it's called Der Räuber Hotzenplotz in it's original language which means like, the Robber Hotzenplotz.
  • The favourite movie would be Léon: The Professional - but a few of my personal favourites also include: HTTYD trilogy, Pirates of the Caribbean series (excluding the fourth), Scott Pilgrim vs the World (The comics are just as good or even better!), Star Wars trilogy (my favourite being the Return of the Jedi. I don't like the Disney trilogy. At all.)
  • My music taste is weird. I listen to so many things that are opposite of one another, but I could say 'alternative' makes all genres better.
  • Like I said, I like anything artsy and craftsy. I sew plush toys (my favourite is the massive Toothless plush I've done recently), crochet pokémons,  handcraft necklaces and accessories, make my own chokers, traditional drawing and painting (I like color pencils, oil and dry pastels, oilpainting, sanguine pencils but I do other stuff as well)
  • Purple and green. The two colors that I switch my hair color between, too.
  • Anything sweet but not too sweet would be okay by my terms. 

• Admin

We have others that English isn't their first language. Like @Elena

As for games. Have you ever played Portal 2?

• Cheers 1

0_mainsignature.jpg

image.png

Profile set made by myself and original Artwork by Fae Merriman, my daughter.

5 hours ago, Morrigan said:

We have others that English isn't their first language. Like @Elena

As for games. Have you ever played Portal 2?

Hi! I've got both games but I never finished the first one because I got distracted - and I never started Portal 2 really.

Yassou re koritsaki! (This because you said you are learning Greek). You said also that you are Turkish. Merhaba, neighbour! I am Romanian. I liked Leon and the Pirates of Caribbean too. And from Turkish singers, I like Tarkan and Dilek Koc (I think this is how they write her - she sings with Glykeria). And another favourite song of mine (not sung by them, but I can dedicate it to you) is this one.

Welcome! I'm also a fan of the Star Wars series and Pirates of the Caribbean.

Weird and eclectic music tastes seem to be a lot of fun. Sticking to one genre I think gets a bit boring after a while. 

2 hours ago, Elena said:

Yassou re koritsaki! (This because you said you are learning Greek). You said also that you are Turkish. Merhaba, neighbour! I am Romanian. I liked Leon and the Pirates of Caribbean too. And from Turkish singers, I like Tarkan and Dilek Koc (I think this is how they write her - she sings with Glykeria). And another favourite song of mine (not sung by them, but I can dedicate it to you) is this one.

Hey  there, nice to meet you, and strange to hear Turkish culture influencing many different countries. Frankly, I'm indifferent to Turkish music as I don't like pop a lot and I don't enjoy the 'arabesque' genre (and most Turkish singers go either one way or the other).  The older songs, like the one you linked and mentioned, are quite nice though.

43 minutes ago, Moon said:

Welcome! I'm also a fan of the Star Wars series and Pirates of the Caribbean.

Weird and eclectic music tastes seem to be a lot of fun. Sticking to one genre I think gets a bit boring after a while. 

Yeah, I think so, too. It's just a little hard to describe what I like when I come across the 'what type of music you listen' haha

• Love 1

Hoş geldiniz, Alpha. Türkçem kötüdür.

Of all the places to hear Tarkan mentioned, I did not expect it here. I like Nil Karabrahimgil.

"NO Zeus ... yes Zeus" is an excellent summary of Greek mythology.

I'm slowly learning Turkish. If you want to watch someone botch your language, send me a line!

• Love 1

By Wit & Whitby

[Plot] | [Rules] | [Wanted] | [Discord]

18+ | Victorian Era | No App | No Word Count |

PoC & LGBT-friendly | Newbie-friendly

15 hours ago, Somniac said:

Hoş geldiniz, Alpha. Türkçem kötüdür.

Of all the places to hear Tarkan mentioned, I did not expect it here. I like Nil Karabrahimgil.

"NO Zeus ... yes Zeus" is an excellent summary of Greek mythology.

I'm slowly learning Turkish. If you want to watch someone botch your language, send me a line!

Hey that was pretty good! Especially considering Turkish a very complex and, admittedly, hard language. Can't say it doesn't surprise me to meet someone that's into the language which isn't very popular worldwide haha. I like her songs, too, they are more in tune with my preferences. Though I think my favourite (Turkish) group as of now is Son Feci Bisiklet.

Yeah, Zeus has some issues apparently though the rest of the Olympians are not pure of blame, either ouch.

Lastly, if you need any help while learning, I'd always be happy to help! Just ask me anything if you need

• Love 1