[Solved] Different member/guest 'look' [mybb]

gelly

Hi! So I'm using Josie's theme 'Eye for an Eye' (btw, I'm so happy to see them here!). I'm a bit confused on how the thread/posting area is supposed to look. I had to fix it a bit, but I'm still not sure if that's how it's supposed to look. Also, when viewing as a guest, the avatar is on the right side and the post is on the left (it's opposite as a member). And I realized that after fixing the avatar section, now it comes up double in the guest view. The post area also looks nicer in the guest view than in the member view.

MEMBER VIEW:

k3nCqT.jpg

GUEST VIEW:

Xf8J7V.jpg

I was wondering if maybe there are image references to that particular area so I can fix it properly? I definitely don't know how to fix the member/guest view discrepancy. And it's only there that's any different.

https://inkslingers.rpginit.com/

Edited by perry the platypus

affbutton.gif

• Admin

Hey there! Gonna tag in @Kit the Human as she is the one that maintains these themes for us. As for information. What version of MyBB are you using and did you update to the most recent version of the theme that was uploaded recently?

0_mainsignature.jpg

image.png

Profile set made by myself and original Artwork by Fae Merriman, my daughter.

I've just taken a really quick look, but it looks like the avatar image is a background set to repeat. (If you look at the examples you supplied, you'll see it's not doubled -- It's actually duplicated to the side as well. The idea was probably to only have avatar images that were a specific height and width, so that they filled the space and you wouldn't see that it was set to tile.

You can fairly easily change so the image doesn't tile, but it will mean you need to adjust everything you show on the hover, which could be a lot depending on your coding level. You might be better off just uploading the bigger avatar to fit.

@Morrigan Thank you! And I did an update of Mybb a few days ago and then installed the theme. I have to update a couple of plugins, but the Mybb software is the latest one.

@Keaton I'm sorry! I wasn't talking specifically about the size of the image rather the whole avatar element (ie the hover portion). 

affbutton.gif

• Admin

@perry the platypus when is the download from for the theme? I know that Kit updated most of them a few weeks ago. Maybe a month?

0_mainsignature.jpg

image.png

Profile set made by myself and original Artwork by Fae Merriman, my daughter.

@Morrigan Oh, I'm so happy I haven't deleted the files on my pc lol Says I downloaded them on the 17th of this month.

affbutton.gif

Hey there

The height and width element is set by pb_avatar which you can find in the mini-profile stylesheet.

You will also need to adjust pb_info, pb_holder, pb_container, pb_content

Alternatively, if you want, just have the avatar be 400x250

The avatar isn't switching sides for me on my test site, it would be amazing if it was because Josie used table cells for the layout! I suspect this might point to a problem in your guest and member header bits.

Check your templates for anything that hasn't been closed properly, also check the account switcher plugin templates if you use that.

Hope that helps!

sig.png.30b42565d04d922988370bf14e1447bc.png

PSI: an Occult Investigations RP

Roleplay Architects: Grab a friend (or many friends!) and just write.

You can also find me at:

static-historicalrp.jpg  B8CB4x.png rpabutton.png

Do we know how it was supposed to act originally? As in, was there supposed to be 3 divs, 2 of which slide away to reveal the third? (Presuming I am understanding what you mean -- Not the image duplicated, but rather what happens when you hover.) You can disable the second div by removing it in the template, or setting the class to display: none in the CSS.

Sorry - you also need to update your javascripts (saying I did most of the themes is very generous!)

All of your jquerys in your headerinclude should be ver=1820

There is also a piece of JavaScript that is something like .author_avatar img".error on the bottom of showthread template that needs to be deleted. I can't remember all the templates that that appears in (I'm doing this from work!), where ever you see some strange behaviour go into the relevant template and compare it to the default to see if a variable has changed or if something needs to be removed.

You can also find me at:

Lol, I'm sorry --- I'm trying to follow! I updated the javascript and erased that bit from the showthread. I did a fresh install without any edits on my part. This is how the postbit/thread area looks like without my editing. 

2zUqRD.jpg

The guest view got even prettier tho, I dig the user name being at the bottom like that lol Quick edit to add that I deactivated the account switcher. It was really only for me to switch from staff to my main account.

Edited by perry the platypus
  • Love 1

affbutton.gif

1556457025_SmartSelect_20190623-154049_KiwiBrowser.jpg.bafdcee102849fe1fd48bbf7f151a86d.jpg

Is this your post layout?

And try this theme. I'd made a start on updating the eye for an eye theme

Eye for an Eye-theme.xml

You can also find me at:

@Kit the Human Yes, the post layout is in classic!

And I installed the attached theme. The member view is still the same.

affbutton.gif

Do you mind if I register a test account?

You can also find me at:

Everything looks right as a member!

This is what I see

541995157_Screenshot_20190623-160627_KiwiBrowser.thumb.jpg.b8a277dab1f57c8025f65d2cd883a41d.jpg

These are my settings

1511074526_Screenshot_20190623-160651_KiwiBrowser.thumb.jpg.31fe73e9f3a9befbf7239b6477b9999e.jpg

You can also find me at: