Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Morrigan

Character Mod Update

So I sent our developer the new character mod requests. These are what I just sent:

-Add Profile tab to display the person's characters on it (basically like "Other characters" but with all characters and in the profile.)
-Compile a list of theme related changes like profile etc that I already have mostly has to do with location of character fields.
-Ability to either sort or filter by character group.
-When creating a new character the "Last used" date should be the creation time. The empty gives the time that weird 1969 date.
-Task or ability to move characters into a group based on last online/used time. It would be best if it were automated and the admin can choose the amount of time to move to a different group.
-Ability to hide a group from the characters listing (leave other characters and profile characters alone).
-Ability to disable signatures for characters globally (ACP setting).
-Ability to search by Character name both ACP and front end.
-I don't know how feasible this is but a way to mass change character accounts in a thread. This is more for back dating old posts that don't (but should) have character accounts. This is a super low priority item but a moderator tool similar to like split and merge would be what is requested here.
-Permissions for which groups can share characters.
-I'd like to send some basic template changers (like I want the left column to be the stuff that shows in the "post/profile" and then a tab for things that are in just the profile.
-A character group that can be used as an inactive status (so they don't show up in the new topic/reply to topic character list but DO show up in the "Change character" list.
- A character embed like a topic embed. So if someone posts a character link it auto integrates the embed?
- Can we do a sort of club integration? If I were to choose it would be a setting that says "Character's can be club members" and what it does is it adds a field in the character edit that allows them to specify clubs that the character is a part of and if the club has characters it shows a tab of characters. I'd say permissions wise it would be "Characters can appear as a part of a club" then "Members can put their own character into clubs" (if set to no only character moderators/admins can edit this field) and lastly "Show character's clubs under author pane" which shows the club icon at the bottom of the author pane.

• Like 1
  • Fuck Yeah! 2

adtest3.png

advertisementmain.jpg

thenetworktop.jpg

tapestries_fixed.gif

Profile set made by @jordan of Dark Motives

- Members cannot unapprove or delete their own characters. Or automatically hide the option from people. 

- A player account and character account memberlist.

Otherwise, all of those would be fantastic <3 

bzC3QQ.png  

Active, fun, established 2008! Come join us. 
Aeterna Roma

Sites I am on; rpabutton.png 

@Gothic

Are you wanting to give the option to members to delete/unapprove their own character accounts?

I'm not sure what you mean by a player account and character account memberlist can you be more descriptive so I can see about adding the suggestions?

adtest3.png

advertisementmain.jpg

thenetworktop.jpg

tapestries_fixed.gif

Whoops. No I mean to hide/disable the options for members to delete and unapprove their own characters.

Say a Member list and it has 

PLAYER NAME                       ------ Characters
                                                             Bob
                                                             Todd 

Fred

Basically like an automated Who's who list,

Sorry I wasn't clear about that. I got excited about the next update xD 

bzC3QQ.png  

Aeterna Roma

@Gothic no worries.

I probably wouldn't go for both. A feature we're going for is including character accounts as a tab in a profile. Will that suffice or are you looking for a true true memberlist with characters listed?

adtest3.png

advertisementmain.jpg

thenetworktop.jpg

tapestries_fixed.gif

@Morrigan

I'd like both ideally although I'd still love the mod without it. 

bzC3QQ.png  

Aeterna Roma

The problem I have with a member list with the characters off to the side is that if you're anything like me that list will get unruly really fast. I average 25 characters on most sites, on one site alone I have upwards of 50 characters.

adtest3.png

advertisementmain.jpg

thenetworktop.jpg

tapestries_fixed.gif

That's true, I have a lot of characters. lol 

Maybe a toggle or something to hide the character list?

bzC3QQ.png  

Aeterna Roma

I was thinking about this today.

A lot of prospective members check member directories to make sure that there's no one they've had a run in with in the past. It's also a  useful sort cut to working out other aspects of community.

Now that you can edit the member list templates on jcink, there's an easy way to automate that information on jcink. So I think it's important that a paid product also provides the same capability without needing to buy yet another app.

But! I also appreciate that what we're asking for is essentially another members list pro with characters attached. I suspect that essentially expecting two apps in one would blow out costs and make it harder to maintain with future IPS updates.

So I had an idea that I think is more reasonable?

People are used to maintaining their own who's who entry anyway, what if we could make a who's who database? To make that easy, just add characters as a field type, like members is currently an option. Admins can just edit their templates to suit their purposes. I presume you could also hook in custom profile fields as needed? Is that achievable?

• Agree 1

sig.png.30b42565d04d922988370bf14e1447bc.png

PSI: an Occult Investigations RP

Roleplay Architects: Grab a friend (or many friends!) and just write.

You can also find me at:

static-historicalrp.jpg  B8CB4x.png rpabutton.png

For me that's something that could be done via a PHP block in pages. I'd have to work it out but it's a lot more complicated then just using the secondary app. Currently, as far as the Character Mod goes, you can already sort by player, which was sort of the point of that feature without having to create a completely separate Who's who list. It gives you the ability to sort characters by player, you can see the player's associated, same thing and by all means a members list is truly what it sounds like is needed.

@Kit the Human

I've also got the official date of the new updates that should start here early August. I'll be uploading betas to the Initiative and to the Downloads page for anyone that would be interested in beta testing.

• Fuck Yeah! 2

adtest3.png

advertisementmain.jpg

thenetworktop.jpg

tapestries_fixed.gif

53 minutes ago, Morrigan said:

I've also got the official date of the new updates that should start here early August.

Fuck yes! Looking forward to it.

54 minutes ago, Morrigan said:

a members list is truly what it sounds like is needed.

Completely agree - thus my thinking of just adding the character as a drop down in the field type thing. I wasn't sure if that would be difficult or not!

• Like 1

sig.png.30b42565d04d922988370bf14e1447bc.png

PSI: an Occult Investigations RP

Roleplay Architects: Grab a friend (or many friends!) and just write.

You can also find me at:

static-historicalrp.jpg  B8CB4x.png rpabutton.png

There was a slight delay (our dev and her kids got sick) but she's still on it and we should have an update next week sometime.

• Thank you 2

adtest3.png

advertisementmain.jpg

thenetworktop.jpg

tapestries_fixed.gif