What sort of roleplay writer are you?

Morrigan

• Admin

Roleplay in general is a diverse place to be. From insanely awesome characters to how fast and how long a roleplay post is. What I want to know is what kind of poster are you?

What is your post speed?

How much do you write?

Do you have a specific amount of writing you have to do to feel like you've properly replied to your partner?

How detailed are you?

0_mainsignature.jpg

image.png

Profile set made by myself and original Artwork by Fae Merriman, my daughter.

Post speed depends on my interest in the thread and real life. Usually within a week but sometimes it takes closer to two or even three in rarer cases. There are some threads that I'll reply to the same day, but I rarely respond more than once a day, even if I'm really interested. And sometimes there are flare ups with my health that make it hard for me to look at a laptop or form cohesive enough sentences to call an actual post. 

Post length is usually about 400-600 words. There's not a specific amount I feel like I have to do for "proper" replies, I just don't care for rapidfire threads in general so I lean towards that general amount because it's what I like to do. 

Detail depends on the post/thread. Starters are a little more detailed because I'm setting the tone and environment for the thread. Especially for an open, where I haven't already talked with a partner about anything. So are replies that deal with any worldbuilding or lore, or that include a lot of internal monologue from the character(s) involved. Usually it's more like a few things mentioned in passing, with the bulk of the post focused on what my character is saying/doing and how they're reacting to what the other character said/did. 

What is your post speed?

I am slow.  This is why I never rapid fire. If I have time for more posts in one day, I prefer to spread them between several threads, in order to progress all of them. Or most of them.

How much do you write?

It varies from a post to another, even in the same thread, depending what happens right then in the story and what posts others have given me.

Do you have a specific amount of writing you have to do to feel like you've properly replied to your partner?

Usually at least 200 words. But there are exceptions. I guess my lowest record was 75 words/ character, but for other characters in the same thread I posted more. (For me, it is common to write for 3-6 characters and NPCs in the same collective thread).

How detailed are you?

Enough to feel immersed in the setting. Sometimes too detailed. I always research a lot before writing.

What is your post speed?

Varies, I try to reply every couple of days. Buuuuuuuuut if health or work increases it can take about a week. 

How much do you write?

200-400 ish. I vary on post length. 

I try to post match, and at times, if I am worried about post matching. It can make posts take even longer. Not sure why. I try to leave an action or something for the other character to respond to. 

How detailed are you?

It depends. For an opener, I want to set the scene and give us both a good start to begin. I don't like repeating the same thing in a thread unless it changes. E.g. Earlier post has a description of clothing worn and then later it will only be mentioned if it gets torn, etc. 

• Love 1

bzC3QQ.png  

Active, fun, established 2008! Come join us. 
Aeterna Roma

Sites I am on; rpabutton.png 

I am a very litterite writer, I have been Role-playing for many years now, I mostly do para, multi para or Novila posts, sometimes I will do one liners depending on what me and my writing partner decide to do. It also depends on how I'm feeling some days are better than others. 🙂

What is your post speed?

This mostly depends on my mood, the plot and characters and yummy things like that. Sometimes one post can take me all day, sometimes I can whip them out every 30-45 minutes.

How much do you write?

I like to at least do 200 words. But if I'm rapid firing or attempting to move a plot along, I guess it can be a bit shorter.

Usually 200-300 words. Just depends on if I've given the other person enough to work with for their next post, really.

How detailed are you?

Also depends on mood, character and plot. Sometimes details, that don't matter can be skipped to move a plot along and sometimes we need them for  the plot,  ya know?

• Like 1

Find me at:

Sunrises and Sunsets - Never-Ending Stories

Speed:

Uhhh, depends! On life, work, mental health, etc. I've been in a slump this year so, er..I haven't posted much. But when I'm at the height of my posting ability, I can post 50 - 100 times a day, several times a week. So it varies wildly. xD

How much:

Anywhere from 1 word to over 1000. My post length varies wildly. I'm not afraid to write 1000 posts one reply, and then post a 1 word reply for the next one. How much I write varies post to post and depends upon sooo many variables: the character I'm writing, the scene I'm writing, the effect I'm going for, the flow and pacing of the scene, etc. I never post match and don't care about that. I'm all over the place.

I've properly replied when I've said what I wanted to say and hit submit. Sometimes I only need one word. Sometimes I need one sentence. Sometimes I need 100 words. Sometimes 500. Sometimes 1000.  The amount of words doesn't matter.

Detail:

Detailed! But I don't feel the need to cram that detail into one post. I spread the details out as the story unfolds. I'm also like @Gothic; I don't like to repeat details unless something changes. Yes, she's still wearing the same dress 10 posts later, I promise! Yes, her eyes are still blue after two threads! Yes, it's still pouring down rain like it was 15 posts ago, unless it's relevant to mention that the sky has cleared up. Details will get repeated when they become relevant again, or to set a mood/tone/provide atmosphere/provide flavor. But again, I like to spread the details out instead of infodump them in huge chunks.

And, of course, when I write the opening thread I often like to go to town setting the scene. 8D So that's where I'll get super detailed a lot of the time.

That said, I'm nowhere near Tolkien levels of detailed because I personally can't stand that style. I find it boring to read and boring to write.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

soteadvert(1).png.4ef5e4df94405914a2b988b8ea3cde3a.png

What is your post speed? - It depends on my muse.  If I'm really feeling my character in the thread I can post quickly; within half an hour.  If I'm not it could take a few days.  I try to post with my inspiration though otherwise it feels forced and the character doesn't come out right.  

How much do you write? It depends on what I'm posting to and what's being done in thread.  Action threads take more words.  Threads where people are talking tend to be shorter.  I try to fill 1 google doc page at 10pt font each post, tho.  

Do you have a specific amount of writing you have to do to feel like you've properly replied to your partner? No?  I try not to worry about word count.  So long as they/I give enough to respond to and carry things forward and do so legibly I'm happy.  

How detailed are you? - I'm definitely not a prosey type.  But I do try to give enough to help the person visualize the space immediately around them or the person they're speaking to.  I don't like over-describing body parts or actions;  I feel like it's a really easy way to lose a reader.  

absinthebanner.jpg

You can find me at: 

absintheaffiliate.gif spacer.png DuellumAffiliate.jpg.300504c568bebb615a1863c5d5947415.jpg static-historicalrp.jpg.25bcabc927a0bcaa

I love long posts however I have tailored my replies to my partners only for the story to flow and not overwhelm them because sometimes I can.

Not sure how to explain it other than I love details when they make sense. How fast a bosom bounces is not really neccessary.

Aside from life and work I try to post four of five times a week depending on what I owe. I keep up well.

spacer.png

What is your post speed?

It all depends on a lot of things. My enjoyment of the thread itself, how many posts that i actually owe, whether my thread partner is online, and ready to do some back and forth. Sometimes ill reply that day (if im online) or the next given time zone differences, but i don't tend to take longer than a week, unless my thread partner is MIA. 

How much do you write?

Again this depends on the thread partner.  I try to post match, other times it depends on mood.

I tend to reply until i think someone has enough to reply to. 

How detailed are you?

I dont think im always as detailed as i can be but i am always trying to improve.

user posted image                                                                                              

What is your post speed?

Right now, it's slow. Normally, though, I can post 50+ posts a day if I'm really feeling a thread. 

How much do you write?

Eh, whatever the scene calls for. I've written single word posts and I've written several long paragraphs. I'd say on average, around 100-200 words though. 

Nope.

How detailed are you?

I try to be detailed in early posts in a thread so we know that hey, this is where, when, how the thread is taking place. But as it goes on, not that detailed. 

Reality is an illusion. 

OK, I am going to answer based on my activity prior to all the recent health issues! These days, I do good to log onto my computer 2 or 3 times per week.

What is your post speed?

• When all is right with the world, I answer tags as I receive them. This can be daily, 2/3 times per week, etc. It all depends on the pace of the other writer(s) in the thread.

How much do you write?

• My goal is always to move a thread forward as well as leave an opening for the other writer to respond. So, the amount I write depends on the post I am responding to, what it takes to move the thread forward, and leave opening(s) for the other writer(s). This might be one or two lines or multiple paragraphs.

• Not really. 

How detailed are you?

• Varies. If I am the thread starter, my opening post tends to be lengthy and very detailed since I feel like it my job to set up the scene and the mood/tone. Again, when replying, I let the post that I am replying to guide how detailed I need to be.

Someone somewhere went to sleep and dreamed us all alive.
Dreams get pushed around a lot, and I doubt if we'll survive.
We won't get to wake up, dreams were born to disappear.
And I'm pretty sure that none of us are here.
~ None of Us Here by Jim Stafford ~

sagas-button1.png.467e9214ee1a2d2a24c0030301948c27.png 

RPG-Initiative

*your one-stop RPG resource site!

What is your post speed?

If it's a high muse character and situation I can churn out 400+ words in 10 minutes.  Other times it can take hours.  I try to at least get a post in a day.  Usually, it's 1-3.  I have done high volume days when I've not had anything else to do.  

How much do you write?

Depends on the thread, the character, the situation, post etc.  Unless I have a partner consistently writing shorter posts, I'd say usually 300-1500 (with  some over under)

I usually have a personal goal of 400 before I feel comfortable posting.  That being said, I won't necessarily stop there if I have things to say that are relevant.  

How detailed are you?

I am detailed when it comes to describing emotions and try to be descriptive about actions etc so my writing partner(s) know what is going on and get the proper visuals.  I don't get too descriptive when it comes to characters appearances because it always starts to feel a little weird for me, unless it's colored by the character's vanity or something along those lines.  Kinda depends on the character and whether there is a purpose for it.  I'll very rarely describe attire just for the heck of it.  In general, I think I mostly include descriptions that are relevant to plot.   

royals_rebels.gif

What is your post speed?

Well, it honestly depends on the situation that the character is in and what is happening in his/her life.  Right now, I have one character with many threads that I can pretty much keep up with because there is a constant flow of muse.  But then on the other hand I have one who has yet to find any plots and the synergy between me and that character have not really had a chance to jive yet.

How much do you write?'

Again, it honestly depends.  Some days I need to force things and I can barely hit 600 words.  Other days or other situations, it just flows from me and I have to force myself to stop before I go too overboard.  With one character so far his average post replies around between 600-1200.

Do you have specific amount of writing you have to do to feel like you've properly replies to your partner?

I try to do a minimum of 400 words, that is my goal.  However, it usually becomes much longer as I like to match my partners so it needs to be close to theirs.  

How detailed are you?

I feel like i hit what needs to be hit when it comes to detail.  However, unlike some people who have a natural gift for being very good at using vibrant words and creative words, I just get to the point.  For me, I don't feel like I need to be super 'flowery' in my posts as long as it gets what it needed across.  Do I wish it came to me naturally where it sounds like I am writing this beautiful short story... of course.  Don't we all.  But I do what I need to, to be as descriptive as needed.

What is your post speed?

I've been told I'm a relatively fast writer so usually I post at my partner's speed.  If my partner is into rapid-fire and I'm available for it, I'll happily do so, and I enjoy it greatly.  On the other hand I have writing partners I love to bits who lead busy lives and post very slowly, and it's alright.  I  take that as a  chance to write with increased care and attention, and follow their lead. 

How much do you write?

I rarely write less than 200 words; I've written posts in the 1200 words vicinity in the past, but my overall average is between 400-700 depending because....

Even though it's not a rule on any of the forums where I write, I tend to match post length + or - 90 words.  I find it's just nice to do so for my writing partner: they put effort into it, so I put effort to, but equally I'm not a fan of writing filler, so if I've said what I had to say in a lower word count, I don't pad it.

How detailed are you?

It all depends on the character I'm writing. If my character is an architect, I may spend a bit more time paying attention to building descriptions because they would, for instance. If my character is a designer, then maybe more attention will be put on clothing and aesthetics.  If my character is physical then their gestures might get more attention - it all depends on the voice of the character and what makes them tick.  As a rule I tend to like describing places when I'm setting a scene to help my partner visualize it, but I don't spend an eternity on clothes or physical features unless there's UST involved and it's justified, for instance.