What sort of roleplay writer are you?

Morrigan

What is your post speed?

It takes me at least half an hour to post a reply. I type slowly and am constantly changing the wording and deleting stuff because I'm not happy with it. As for frequency, it varies a lot. Sometimes I manage one or two replies in a day, sometimes t'll be several weeks. Depends on what's going on in my life and how inspired (or not) I am.

How much do you write?

I don't count words, but usually 3-5 paragraphs, each with 4-6 sentences. May do 2 short paragraphs on occasion if it's something fast-moving with lots of dialogue but may also do 7+ paragraphs if the circumstances warrant it. So this also varies a lot.

Do you have a specific amount of writing you have to do to feel like you've properly replied to your partner?

Yes. I don't always post match, but I need to write at least two paragraphs to feel like I've given something back.

How detailed are you?

With the character's surroundings and features, not a lot. I'll describe what I think is necessary to set the scene, but you won't see me telling you about every single strand of hair on my character every other post. I try to describe their gestures and expressions a bit more, perhaps because IRL I sometimes have trouble decoding/reading them.

spacer.png

Come and join us in Ancient Rome!

What is your post speed?

Mine can either be fast or extremely slow, depending what my muse is like, lately it's kind of been out there but I am hoping it will pick up.

How much do you write?

I usually can write about 500 words but it ends up varying between 200 and 500. 

Do you have a specific amount of writing you have to do to feel like you've properly replied to your partner?

For some reason 500 was a number I was focused on for so long but I don't like to focus on the amount, more like the quality of the content

How detailed are you?

I try to be as detailed as possible because I like for what is going on to be easily visualized.

What is your post speed?

Before starting an rp I inform my partner I am not the quickest when it comes to replies. Because I do take a forever writing and it's the norm for people to take their time at the forums I'm in. In return I never expect my writing partner to reply with lightening speed. I rather wait for a quality post than half hearted reply out of obligation.  

How much do you write?

Depends on the rp and my partner.  Multi-para is my bread and butter with six paragraphs being my average, but I've learned to scale it down in the last year or two. Nowadays about 600 words has been the sweet spot for me. 

I try to post match.

How detailed are you?

Lately I've been focusing less on writing the details and getting right to the point. Giving lengthy description of a simple action can get out of hand to the point it becomes boring and something not worth reading any more.  

I try to post in a reasonable timeframe (within three days at the most usually)

As for level of detail and how much I need to feel I've sufficiently replied to my partner: I try to be as detailed as possible, so I try to aim for a good sized paragraph at the least, though I'm very scientifically minded and concise (KISS), so sometimes fluff is hard for me, and I just have to force something through to keep the plot moving.

I generally find I'm a lot more descriptive when there's a lot of things going on in a scene. I'm trying to get better with body language in calmer, more dialogue heavy scenes, but it's a major work in progess. Since most of my RP settings are anime based, I can do flashy though. Man can I do flashy and hammy.