Lets share some nostalgia!

Morrigan

• Admin

retro the struggle GIF

So the other day in Discord I was having a nostalgia moment with @Gothic reminiscing on an old budding friendship that her cranky werewolf (Edmund) and my Psychopathic Vampire (Elizabeth) had before the site we were on died and went the way of the dinosaur. I had started to reminisce because I found an old screenshot of the site that we were on together. It was certainly a fun friendship that was starting there.

It's one of many stories that I regret never getting to continue (and I'll share more later in this thread) but I want to hear your nostalgia moments. Partners you miss, plots you think should have been but never were. Tell us about the "good ol' days" of roleplaying (especially since most of us on this site have been doing it for 10 plus years).

carol kane lillian kaushtupper GIF by Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt

• Love 3

0_mainsignature.jpg

image.png

Profile set made by myself and original Artwork by Fae Merriman, my daughter.

So many friends and plots that never came to fruition.

I do enjoy writing romance, but I am very picky on writing partners in that area. For one thing, I only write fade-to-black scenes. I really miss my old romance writing partner. She also preferred fade-to-black, enjoyed romance as one of many aspects of a story line (not the only one or main ingredient) and loved writing action as much as I did. Our characters tended to have strong, mature relationships (even the ones that were only friends). Even if we planned a romance behind-the-scenes, we managed to leave room for other plots and allowing our characters to grow and develop with one another. On top of all that, neither of us wrote exclusively with each other. We enjoyed a varied level of other relationships with other characters.

Someone somewhere went to sleep and dreamed us all alive.
Dreams get pushed around a lot, and I doubt if we'll survive.
We won't get to wake up, dreams were born to disappear.
And I'm pretty sure that none of us are here.
~ None of Us Here by Jim Stafford ~

sagas-button1.png.467e9214ee1a2d2a24c0030301948c27.png 

RPG-Initiative

*your one-stop RPG resource site!

I miss my spoiled prince and my partner's bodyguard character. They were two of my most favorite RP characters of all time, even now. She and I had thousands of posts between those two alone. It was amazing. The characters were like... the third characters we made together ever, but they were the first ones that hit it off with such amazing chemistry. Ever since then, it's always been that way. <3 

I'd love to revisit them but to be honest, I'm too invested in newer stories and characters now. It's nice to look back but I'm cool with just moving forward. 

• Like 1

Reality is an illusion. 

I have so many things I miss. So many things I wanted to see happen, from back to like, my very first experiences. I had this one really fun site, the character interactions were just amazing. (Granted, i've gone back to look at my older stuff and I always cringe, the posts of my mind are so much better than the real ones I wrote, haha.)

I had this one guy, kind of a wimp. A loner, etc. Your stereotypical nobody really, and his step-brother was the stereotypical small town jock sportsball popular kid with the popular beatuy queen girlfriend. And it was, admittedly, all a very stereotypical plot of the underdog winning the girl in the end. It was fun though. And we never saw it through, but man I wanted to. I miss it. 

I miss just having the amount of free time the made it so I could post 5-10 times in a day! 

But, when it comes to characters, I really miss this sweet character I had who was kidnapped and had a huge amount of character growth and development as well as her morals challenged in order to live, survive and escape. 

• Love 1
[align=center]ad_image.jpg
A "MagicPunk" Roleplay!
~Plot~Guidelines~Faceclaims~Characters~Wanteds~Ads~[/align]

• 3 weeks later...

@MorriganEdmund was a vampire that was turned during the Crusades. I remember him being scandalised by Liz but was weirdly obedient because she outranked him in society. They met through picking on a werewolf though. It was some pretty good times! 

bzC3QQ.png  

Active, fun, established 2008! Come join us. 
Aeterna Roma

Sites I am on; rpabutton.png 

I miss you too, @Morrigan! Morrighan and Rhett, on that site where I met you first in 2009...

Oh so many...

Baby Sammy pining for the bad boy Seth @Dragon played without her brother finding out. Was endlessly amusing because Dragon was also completely oblivious to it. 😛

My old Succubus and her bestie Wolf on Moon Called who totally would have been way way more trouble if we didn't get torn away ... I seriously miss writing with that dude and I have no idea where he went.

Scottish lasses running barefoot through the wild with the King and her husband being trouble... so much fun on Shades of History...

Going right back to my first Characters Ellisrai and Kahlan Amnell back in 1994/1995 on an old BBS Server and then again later on Cities of Mdhoria.

The past is a place of reference, not residence.

• Admin
8 hours ago, Elena said:

I miss you too, @Morrigan! Morrighan and Rhett, on that site where I met you first in 2009...

Code of the Bretheren. I had a lot of fun with that love hate pirate-ship.... haha leave me with my terrible puns. 

@Gothic there is me with my terrible memory. Too many attempts to get Liz into a decent vampire site that lasts more than a week that’s for sure. 

• Love 1

0_mainsignature.jpg

image.png

Profile set made by myself and original Artwork by Fae Merriman, my daughter.

My fbi team vs a serial killer. So good.  Betrayal, torture, loss, it had it all. 

• Like 1