Greetings!

ValkyrieVal

Hello, everyone! My name is Val and I'm going to try and answer the provided questions since I tend to ramble. This will reel me in. XD

• How long have you been RPing?

To be honest I can't remember when exactly I started. The earliest post I can find that's not lost in the vast interwebs is dated in the year 2010, so I guess that means I have proof that I've been RPing for at least 9 years. I do know I've started long before then, so I always say I've RP-ed for 10 years or more. 

• What are your favorite RP genres?

I use to RP fantasy and supernatural quite a lot. Harry Potter, Marvel, even Twilight. However, for the past year or so I've fallen in love with the Historical genre and currently I'm only RPing on a Historical Greece jcinks RPG. I still love my fantasy though, so although the site is mostly historical it does have some mythological aspects (gods, creatures, etc.) which makes it fantastic. Perfect balance. Someday when I have more time on my hands and a bit more confidence/skill I'll love to be in multiple RPGs at once and try Sci-fi! Live long and prosper! 

• How do you like to RP (Forum, chat, email)?

I started out RPing on Fanfiction and Twitter, but have gotten so use to typing out paragraphs for replies that it's hard for me to only write a sentence or two now. I respect all forms of RPing, but I'll have to say it's the forum way for me. 

• What country are you from?

I live in South Africa! Hello world!

• What is your favorite book, movie or type of music (or all three)?

This is a hard one. Okay. Uhm. My favorite book would have to be either the Harry Potter books (favorite of them would be Goblet of Fire) and Lord of The Rings (Hobbit included). I'm listening to the audiobook of Game of Thrones so that might make it on my list very soon! I cannot choose a favorite movie, there are too many! I definitely love all the Marvel films and could at some point speak the lines of the first Avenger movie out of my head thanks to the amount of times I watched it. I studied film and theatre and consider film part of me, so I pretty much love it all! I also don't have one specific type of music I like to listen to. If it's good, I'll listen to it!

• What other interest/Hobbies do you have?

I love skydiving and mountain biking! I'm kidding. I probably would love it if I ever muster up the courage, but right now I get my thrills and chills by playing DND, Magic the Gathering, online Games and painting what I feel.  I'm trying to force myself to do more exercise, so let's say that's one of my hobbies too; it'll make it feel more real. 

• What's your favorite color?

Blue - More specifically navy blue. Love it. Don't know why, but I love it. It's the colour of most of the clothes I wear, my wallpaper on my phone and laptop, and I would probably be bleeding it if that was a possibility. 

• What's your favorite drink?

Also a hard one. I love soda. I live soda. I am soda. I'd probably say Coke, but I can get tired of it and then switch to something else for a bit. Always come back to Coke though so Coke it is!

Right, that's a small piece of me! Nice to meet you all! 

Edited by ValkyrieVal
  • Cheers 1

• Admin

That's awesome that you're from South Africa! My fave actress is also from there! Welcome to the Initiative @ValkyrieVal

0_mainsignature.jpg

image.png

Profile set made by myself and original Artwork by Fae Merriman, my daughter.

Welcome to the fun and family!

I hope to one day visit SA, any recommendations of places and things I should deffo experience?

Always believe in yourself and keep going. You don't have to have the most talent in the world. You don't have to be the smartest person in the world. If you persist and you persist and you persist, you will be successful.

Dean Cain

IjdT9HX.png
1x1 Partner Searches | Group Searches

• 2 weeks later...

Welcome to the site! Glad to see another Harry Potter fan. (I'm a Slytherin/Ravenclaw myself, or so all the tests and things tell me.)

Very cool that you're from South Africa! And that you love all those outdoorsy things! I can't decide if I'll ever have the spirit to skydive. I'm not afraid of heights, but I am pretty afraid of falling... which is kinda the main thing in skydiving. Hmmm. 

Anyway, welcome! I hope you enjoy exploring the site!

umbra-galaxy.png

18+ multi-genre community. no application. no word count.