Forums appearance

Morrigan

Grid or listing  

34 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Admin

So everyone knows I love grids, primarily because they look great on mobile compared to list view but I'm not talking about for here on the Initiative (where you can choose your view) but for roleplay sites in general. I've put up a poll but I'd love your Opinions too.

0_mainsignature.jpg

image.png

Profile set made by myself and original Artwork by Fae Merriman, my daughter.

• 5 weeks later...

I love grids! Maybe it's because they look different, but they're nice if done well!

I lean toward the listing view, if only because a badly done grid can look quite chaotic on first view. However, if the format is clean, I'm a fan of either listing or grid.

On my site we have a few skins that allow both viewings, but for whatever reason my co-admin hates grids, so we pretty much exclusively use lists.

umbra-galaxy.png

18+ multi-genre community. no application. no word count.

• 1 month later...

I'm a bit old school, as I like listings (I'm still trying to get used to grids). Other flairs like visual screenshots of the roleplay, who's playing in them, and how active the story is are nice touches I like to see. 🙂

22JD6zG.png

15 Years Online! Join the legacy!

I LOVE GRIDS. 

But they're not a dealbreaker. I have sites that aren't grids and they're fine too.

Reality is an illusion. 

I don't hate grids, but I find them really overwhelming and disorganized. I don't have the greatest eyesight, so a grid layout and tiny text (which is also, for some reason, a trend) throws me for a loop. I'm unlikely to give a forum with that kind of design more than a cursory glance.

I tend to prefer lists because it looks a little cleaner, and I like it better without images attached because A) it loads a bit faster and B) I can focus more on what's going on thread-wise. The extra images take up a lot of space and make scrolling a pain, especially when the forums themselves are given a lot of space on the page.

Edited by slowsadmariachi
  • Agree 1

1768993049_lssig.png.528ca56ae06dad54600991b2a8d34cf9.png

• 4 weeks later...