Character Properties

Dragon

• Operations Mod

This is mostly covering those fun little things we like to do for/with our characters, that may or may not really matter. 

When I have a character operating a business, renting/owning a home/property, I enjoy kind of shopping around listings to find visual reps for the locations. It helps to have a 'realistic' measure of some sort - for example, the RP's fictional town of Bookville is located within 50 miles of Seattle - to narrow down what sort of styles/landtypes would be available. At the same time looking for the same things in more fabricated settings is also fun (who doesn't love browsing good art?). 

I do this less these days because of time constraints, but I like to build 'life boards'  that are a quick 360 glimpses of the character's day to day (sort of like a mood board, I guess). Images of what various rooms in their house look like (sometimes contrasted with what they want it to look like). 

I also like giving site members the chance to buy their own locations if its feasible. Usually this only works with businesses, since many boards have limits on forum numbers; and private housing boards aren't great for site activity as a whole since they're restricted. 

Anyway, does anyone else enjoy this kind of thing? Similar sorts of character background-life building? What do you like to provide for players on your site, if applicable? 

• Like 2

bannerlong.png

0_mainsignature (1).jpg

rpgida.png

Icon & Profile set by The Inquisitor of Dragon Age: Absolution

• 4 weeks later...

Oh yes, and this is quite popular on WAB. My members love to show off their character's homes, businesses, pets, vehicles, etc. I do it, too, when I have time or I want to do something rp-related but I'm not feeling otherwise productive. (And often times, it helps to get the inspiration going again!)

• Like 1

Reality is an illusion. 

I do this whenever i get the opportunity, which honestly is not as often as it used to be. Mostly i get frustrated because i know what i want something to look like, but can't find what i want it to look like which is super frustrating.

user posted image