Editing Old Jcink Mini-Profile?

Cineri

Maybe this is a longshot, but after staring at my Jcink Admin CP for over an hour, I've made no progress so it's time to send out the bat signal.

I made a mini-profile for my site ages ago, probably somewhere in the 2015-2016 range. Back then, I believe that custom mini profiles were made somewhere in the Admin CP, but the section doesn't exist anymore. Essentially, all I'm trying to do is access the code for the mini profile that I made. Where the heck do I find it? Is it even retrievable? 

As a side note, I already looked through Jcink's HTML Templates section since that seems to be the new way to do things. Mine is completely blank, so I know I didn't make the mini profile in there. I have exactly one Template now that I made this morning. Here's some screenshots just to prove what intelligence I do have:

image.thumb.png.088dfa005a427e6c14c4fad9d53ae8bf.png

image.thumb.png.fdc464e18e393295ce204f68756a3c39.png

Any help would be great even if it's just another person telling me that it's lost for good so I know I'm not just missing something right in front of my face! Thanks!

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

This thread might be applicable to you!

Essentially, the place where the old mini profile code was deprecated.

Can you see the changes on the front end? Like when you see a mini profile in a post does it still look like it should?

If so, go to a thread and put view-source: in front of the URL.

Example:

view-source:https://forum.jcink.com/index.php?showtopic=31730&st=0

You will still need to readd your variables but at least you might be able to salvage the rest of it?

Edited by Kit the Human

sig.png.30b42565d04d922988370bf14e1447bc.png

PSI: an Occult Investigations RP

Roleplay Architects: Grab a friend (or many friends!) and just write.

You can also find me at:

static-historicalrp.jpg  B8CB4x.png rpabutton.png

Thanks @Kit the Human! Right now my old mini-profiles are still functional, so I guess the next step is either trying to transfer them into the current admin CP or make something new. Thank you for the links - those will help me decide which course to take further. I am just glad I'm not going crazy!

Give us a shout if you need any help!

sig.png.30b42565d04d922988370bf14e1447bc.png

PSI: an Occult Investigations RP

Roleplay Architects: Grab a friend (or many friends!) and just write.

You can also find me at:

static-historicalrp.jpg  B8CB4x.png rpabutton.png