Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Affiliates Database Question(s)

Good Day,

I installed the Affiliates Database and am loving it. I have a couple of questions before I set the permissions for everyone to use.

I am a little hazy on this part of the instructions (how to show the Affiliates separately on main page of forums)...

Now the block template will be available when you create a custom feed block. The title of the "template" is affiliates. So when you create a feed block in the ACP choose it from the drop down. Your configuration will affect what/how things display. I recommend using the pinned/unpinned setting to differentiate between affiliates and resource sites.

So, I know I'd need to pin certain Affiliates, whichever ones I want as a resource site, etc. BUT, do I then need to create two custom blocks? One to show Resource Sites (pinned sites) and one to show unpinned?

Next question.... Where is the best place (and how) to host my site's button for the button code in my Affiliate's directions. I'd like to avoid using an image host if possible. My IPS sites are in the cloud so can I still host somewhere on my site or would the best option be my image host?

Thanks in advance!

Someone somewhere went to sleep and dreamed us all alive.
Dreams get pushed around a lot, and I doubt if we'll survive.
We won't get to wake up, dreams were born to disappear.
And I'm pretty sure that none of us are here.
~ None of Us Here by Jim Stafford ~

sagas-button1.png.467e9214ee1a2d2a24c0030301948c27.png   aereth5.png    Smuggler's Blues RPG

RPG-Initiative

*your one-stop RPG resource site!

• Operations Mod

Hi hi!

1. For the affiliates such as directories I would create another block where you can edit the preference such as to only show pinned affiliates or featured affiliates.

2. For the images you should be able to upload them directory in the add form in the front end or back end. If you are worried about sizes of the files you could always compress the images. You could also use NickPic for hosting making sure the links are https to keep your SSL certificate valid.

• Love 1

"What! can the devil speak true?"
- William Shakespeare, Macbeth, 1. 3

• Admin

The pinned unpinned question the answer is yes. You’d also probably want to change the title for each on the configuration tab. 

I recommend using Pages > Media. Once you upload it there you can grab the url like you would a standard image from the internet. That’s how we do it on Metro. 

• Love 1

adtest3.png

Monstrum Lemox coming soon

Buy a Washable Face Cover/Mask

tapestries_fixed.gif

Profile set made by @jordan of Dark Motives

Thank you both! I am so excited!

• You're Welcome 1

Someone somewhere went to sleep and dreamed us all alive.
Dreams get pushed around a lot, and I doubt if we'll survive.
We won't get to wake up, dreams were born to disappear.
And I'm pretty sure that none of us are here.
~ None of Us Here by Jim Stafford ~

sagas-button1.png.467e9214ee1a2d2a24c0030301948c27.png   aereth5.png    Smuggler's Blues RPG

RPG-Initiative

*your one-stop RPG resource site!