What would you like to see on a real life rp?

Shades

I've been wanting to join a low-stress real life roleplay, but most of the ones I see are ones I don't really feel like I'm a fit for, so I've been toying with the idea of creating one myself. I'm curious about what people would like to see on a roleplay of the sort.

Host will probably be Jcink, but I'm open to changes if there's a better one. 

Things I will not be budging on are:

skin - I hate fancy skins, so I'll probably be using the dark version of the basic skin or something very close to it.

trigger warnings - I don't use them, ever. I know that's a deal breaker for a lot of people, so I thought I'd state that in advance.

So what I'm curious about is what kind of plots, events, member groups, stuff like that, you'd like to see on a real-life roleplay.

Thanks in advance!

• I read this! 1
  • Love 1

Shady McShaderson

• 7 months later...

As twisted as it sounds... if I were to join a real life RPG, no super powers, no gimmicks, nothing like that. I would want it to be the raw, brutal horrible sort of life that people make for themselves. Where the characters have to decide if they want to struggle through nine to five jobs or something criminal. Where any date could go horribly wrong. Where you are scared of your neighbors. Where you love your Church gathering because of all the kind grandmas until you hear them say something super racist. 

I'd want a real world that is NOT sugar coated and PC. I would want a world where the play options include all the terrible things that people can do to each other. 

Now that said, I am a terrible and brutal SOB to my characters. Both as villains, heros and victims. 

• Fuck Yeah! 1

spacer.png

From what I have seen, people who hope for RL RPGs are sort of hoping for either end of the spectrum. Either things are very dramatic, emotional, love and relationship centered, or they are darker, grittier, basically horror tales for what can happen to us humans done by other humans. While the latter has emotion as well, it is typically reactionary rather than dramatic. 

@Shadesand @Bolgron you both seem to like the darker side of humanity, at least within RPG's. Not everyone will enjoy your cup of tea, but being up front about it will certainly not have people who want to hold hands and fall in high-school-love joining your site to only be discouraged later, or making you as a site runner vomit in your mouth as you read their posts.

Something to consider however, it might not be role play to anyone who reads your content, so an individually provided domain which you can lock down to your members and not be searched indiscriminately might be good. It would also help you avoid any TOS through typical forum hosts. The hatred of humanity can be a very vivid subject, so I would only suggest that you proceed with caution that you know (as much as possible on the interwebz) that your words won't spark the dregs of society you might be depicting. Don't want someone googling "how to murder after a date" and getting any good ideas from your site, after all.

I'm... curious as to what you got that about me from one question...

But it's whatever. This question was written last year just to gauge what other people enjoy, and I ended up not creating a site after that.

Even if I did, though, I wouldn't put a roleplay site on lockdown in case someone googled how to kill someone and hit my site... that sounds really far fetched to me. But hey, stranger things have happened, so I wouldn't fault any other site owner who wanted to go that route.

Shady McShaderson

Was more or less the distinct dislike of trigger warnings. Typically those revolve around touchier or grittier subjects, and feeling like warnings are an un-needed thing leads me to believe that there is a layer of thicker skin involved. Thicker skinned views of the world typically come from those who aren't under the illusion that the world is gumdrops and rainbows. My comments about locking the site down due to subject matter was mostly because of the suggestions given, which seemed toward more extreme things, which again would typically have a trigger warning. Slightly circular, but Sundays, beer, and a bit of free time looking at the Activity list can get interesting results.

Yeah.... I should not be allowed to post to things while drinking. 
especially while drinking that much. 

I apologize for giving off creepy vibes. 

And for hijacking Shades thread. 

spacer.png

No problem on my end, I was just surprised this thread popped up again! Love me some gritty RL stuff!

• Love 1

Shady McShaderson