Favourite Medium?

Arceus

I do like acrylic painting, but I was never super good at it xD I got lucky when I was younger and my parents managed to buy me a set of acrylic paints and a canvas to paint on, and I painted the Carpathia (the sister ship to the Titanic), mostly because I ran out of a certain shade of blue and had to switch to another type of blue and it looked like the ocean with the sky behind it.

There's also nothing quite like sketching on paper but surprisingly, given my digital art is so good, I suck at traditional drawing now. I just can't get the hang of the feel, and it looks like I can't draw xD I should do it more, I'll get better, but I hate everything that happens from it. xDD

What's your favourite art medium to work with?

• Fuck Yeah! 1
  • Love 1

nusignature.png nusignature.png

I am the darkness, always watching, always listening, ALWAYS THERE.
(If you're interested in Plain of Ice, message me, it's private. Bleach site, non-canon.)

• 1 month later...

I'm a watercolor person myself. I never mastered the tablet when I got it and then rarely used it. It doesn't help it was an off-brand. Monoprice is good, but the support is lacking and it's not a Wacom. One day I'll have a screen I can draw on, not just a tablet. In the meantime, I'm all about watercolors.

I had prismacolor pencils. I *have* prismacolor pencils but they don't blend nicely all the time and I hate how not-smooth the pigment looks. I've used baby oil to blend it but then it seeps through your paper and gets on EVERYTHING. So I gave up that.

I use acrylic on occasion? But I never mastered the blending/mixing and the whole... only squeeze out as much as you'll use. Watercolor lasts for so much longer comparatively, and I'm cheap af sooo. Also canvas gets expensive. I did oil in high school and it's delightful but... it's also only for people with oodles of expendable cash or a devil-may-care starving artist attitude. I have too much anxiety for that.

I've recently gotten into model making and sculpture? I'm not good at the sculpture bit, but the models are turning out okay. I am currently hamstrung though. I need a static grass applicator to apply the grass to. That's also expensive.

SO THEN I moved to embroidery. That's also fun. But I don't know what I'm going to do with all these little embroidered things. They don't compress like paper does and they're all chars of my book? So I can't like sell them. So now they just lie around the house in various places. Same with the models. WHOOPS.

BLACK LAND | Plot | Species | Discord

A Modern Supernatural RP with a Midwestern Gothic Vibe