Dystopian post-apoc fantasy thing

Arceus

A hundred years ago, an event known as The End occurred. Some blame it on the Arcane Wars, waged between humans and the Others, but none really know if The End was connected or not. The End was not, as is often believed, a sole event, but rather a series of misfortunes one after the other. In the end, humans had buried themselves underground, and when they returned twenty years later, Tyrrhenia was a very changed place.

The Others were stronger. Even the humans that refused to shelter underground were Other, after that. The human government, the United Republic, built a climate-controlled barrier Dome, where the civilised could still live in peace, and the Others were left in the Outlands. Other and Outlander, they all mean the same thing; not safe. Not right.

In order to keep tabs on the Others, the Republic created the Special Other Forces, a special division of the Republic that are mostly human, with just a little bit of Other, equipped with mechanical suits and sent out on missions to the Outlands. Their job is to return with resources that cannot be gotten in the Dome, and ensure the Others are where they are expected to be, sometimes even returning with Others that will be useful for the Republic.

But there is something out there, something beyond both Outland and Dome, that does not care if one is Other or not, that threatens the future of Tyrrhenia, and human and Other had better learn to settle their differences, and soon, else neither will survive.

They are coming.

Questions, thoughts, comments? I do actually have a specific direction this is meant to go. The main plot for this isn't exactly a sandbox, but the particulars of it are still up to player interpretation. It's kind of like I have an end goal, but not a path mapped out to get there.

nusignature.png nusignature.png

I am the darkness, always watching, always listening, ALWAYS THERE.
(If you're interested in Plain of Ice, message me, it's private. Bleach site, non-canon.)

• Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

This sounds intriguing and I wouldn't mind hearing more!

Find me at:

Sunrises and Sunsets - Never-Ending Stories