Better late than never?

Jaxx

I'm Jax. I'm in my early twenties, I'm genderfluid, and I love animals. Snakes, birds, dogs, cats, horses, anything with less than six legs is a yes from me 😉 I've been roleplaying for about a decade and checked out just about every corner of the roleplay community. Overall my interests and writing style can be described as kind of chameleon-y. I'll try anything once and the list of things I don't like is much shorter than the list of things I do like. I also just realised I've never done one of these even though I've been here over a year. So it's about time, right? I never have any idea what to say in these things so I'm gonna use the questions provided and answer whatever further questions that people may have! 

• How long have you been RPing? I started in the forums of SIM/MMO games around 2010-2011 which was quick rapidfire stuff, and then joined a sandbox site in 2012 where I first did the multi-paragraph/pre-plotted replies that I prefer to do. 
  • What are your favorite RP genres? Oh man, everything. I think the only genre I've never gotten into is real life, because they all seem to have weekly posting requirements and those don't work for me, and kink/smut sites cause I only write fade to black. And straight up "historically accurate" historical because that comes with its own issues. But I'll try anything once, more or less. My favourite fandom is Marvel but modern powers/abilities sites in general are definitely my jam. 
  • How do you like to RP (Forum, chat, email)? Forum. I don't like the quick rapidfire type of roleplaying that comes with chats or Discords because I like to be able to write out the thoughts in my character's head and describe their surroundings and all that. I actually end up taking out sentences or paragraphs a lot because I don't want my partner to judge me for writing five hundred words they can't reply to! Email has never been my thing either as I find that I have a hard time staying invested when it's just two or four characters that are ever around. I like variety and all kinds of new opportunities and characters. 
  • What country are you from? America, born and raised in Pennsylvania, then bouncing around some before landing in Florida. We're currently in the process of renovating our house to move to Tennessee which I  couldn't be more excited for. 
  • What is your favorite book, movie or type of music (or all three)? If I tried naming a definitive favourite book, I would be editing my answer every five minutes for the rest of eternity. I love sci-fi, fantasy, murder mysteries, and medieval/Bible historical. Edgar Rice Burroughs is probably one of my favourite authors, along with Tolkien, Robert Louis Stevenson, Michael Crichton, Charlotte Bronte, Agatha Christie, and Arthur Conan Doyle. Pacific Rim, Pride and Prejudice, Mad Max: Fury Road, and Captain America: Winter Soldier are definitely some of my favourite individual movies. Top franchises are Marvel, Star Wars, Transformers, and Jurassic Park. I'm also a big sucker for monster movies, the worse the CGI, the better. Music is actually pretty easy to answer, 95% of what I like is either in the 'indie' or 'rock' categories. Of course the other five percent ranges from Sabaton to Bob Marley to Alien Weaponry, so what can ya do? 
  • What other interest/Hobbies do you have? Fanfic writing, colouring books, video games, singing, buying books, reading books, making Pinterest boards, making characters, watching cute animal videos, reading about random things that pique my interest, a little bit of graphic design stuff, hunting, fishing, canoeing, archery, and I'm sure there's more that I'm not thinking of. I used to be a lot more active, but unfortunately I'm in the early stages of rheumatoid arthritis and that means I deal with some pretty significant joint pain in my day to day life. Fortunately when we vacationed in Georgia last fall, a lot of that disappeared, as humidity makes my pain a thousand times worse, so I'm hoping that moving north on a permanent basis will help me get back to running and hiking again! 
  • What's your favorite color? Purple, with turquoise a very close second
  • What's your favorite drink? Pineapple Fanta, and for the adult side, Mug Root Beer and Bacardi Black
  • Love 1

@Jaxx Thank you for writing up an introduction. This is a bit late also, but welcome to the Initiative. I hope you are enjoying the site and what it offers.

So moving to TN? That's awesome. I am from East Tennessee and planning to move back to the farm within the next 18 months or so. I can't wait. I miss my Smoky Mountains.

Someone somewhere went to sleep and dreamed us all alive.
Dreams get pushed around a lot, and I doubt if we'll survive.
We won't get to wake up, dreams were born to disappear.
And I'm pretty sure that none of us are here.
~ None of Us Here by Jim Stafford ~

sagas-button1.png.467e9214ee1a2d2a24c0030301948c27.png 

RPG-Initiative

*your one-stop RPG resource site!

• Admin

Welcome to the Initiative @Jaxx We're glad to have you.

0_mainsignature.jpg

image.png

Profile set made by myself and original Artwork by Fae Merriman, my daughter.