The Battle Suite

Arceus

As most of you should know, the controller for the Battle Suite is in Gaia already, it's called Chaos. The idea was that eventually I'd go back and build the battler system and make Gaia suitable for game-y sites, too, but optionally. I hadn't decided if there was going to be a special version of Gaia that offers the system or if it'd ship with standard Gaia.

But here's a question, because I never quite asked it: how many of you even have a use for it? The battle system: tracks, levels, and manages skills; abilities; creatures and their skills and abilities; creature spawning; money, shops, and item buying, trading, and selling; and quest dialogue and events (basically this acts like an automated DM, and users' choices can affect how the quest story goes). Because there's a very real possibility that the battle system will just die with Imperion. I have a love-hate sort of relationship with it. On the one hand, it's probably the second-biggest thing I've ever done and if it weren't for the battle suite, I would NOT be the coder I am today. Absolutely without a shadow of a doubt. It made Gaia possible, and so many people told me it wasn't possible that I do love throwing the fact I did it in peoples' faces. But it also represents some very bad times in my life, and maybe it's time I just walked away from it.

But we all know I'm petty and powered by salt, so I kinda need an excuse to. Lol

• Love 1

nusignature.png nusignature.png

I am the darkness, always watching, always listening, ALWAYS THERE.
(If you're interested in Plain of Ice, message me, it's private. Bleach site, non-canon.)

Personally, I think the existence of the Battle Suite and that you coded it is awe-inspiring. It sounds like a mega awesome feature.

For my sites, we occasionally use dice-rolls to determine hits and which character does what. I doubt we'd take full advantage of it, but you never know what we might want in the future. 

So, my 2 cents worth would be: Consider making it an add-on for sites that use stats? Maybe a Gaia that ships with and one without? I understand if that is just not doable though (me = low-tech).

• Love 2

Someone somewhere went to sleep and dreamed us all alive.
Dreams get pushed around a lot, and I doubt if we'll survive.
We won't get to wake up, dreams were born to disappear.
And I'm pretty sure that none of us are here.
~ None of Us Here by Jim Stafford ~

sagas-button1.png.467e9214ee1a2d2a24c0030301948c27.png 

RPG-Initiative

*your one-stop RPG resource site!

please dont not make the suite. you know i cant do rp fighting without it anymore. xD

• Love 2

that which does not kill me, had better run; because now im pissed.

You can find me on Simprovise

Think of it this way, if nothing else, the quest system, though many won't think to use it, is useful to all kinds of sites. The Suite is one of those things that people don't know they need until you shove it under their nose.

Besides, given it really did make Gaia possible, it seems only right that it continues to live with it.

• Fuck Yeah! 1

Skybreak

Wuxia Oriental Fantasy