Making Player Connections

Brie

How do you guys as admins help create character connections? Do you do events? Random match ups? Do you have a staff member of who goes and greets new members with offers of plot ideas?

Ive just run and closed a match up event and then a wave of new people joined who didn’t make it in time to take part xD So now I’m trying to find a way to help get people involved in stuff.

So what’s YOUR favorite way to get people plotting?

Honestly whenever new members join i just throw all the plots with them. I make sure that i create characters who have plenty of connections so when bringing in new characters to that, they gain those connections as well. Also making sure there are juicy plot events (not even site ones but just background plots) for them to get involved with is the best way i have found to get connections with others.

user posted image                                                                                              

Want ads! Requests! Plots! 

I love connections because tbh, I kinda hate doing a thousand and one "meet/greet" threads. So I'd always rather help somebody connect to something existing on site than to have them float like an island. I understand WHY people make the new person in town or whatever but even then, SOMEBODY in the world has to be connected somehow, right? 

• Like 1

Reality is an illusion.